Year/Years implanted: 
  Have you been Explanted?: 
  Implant Placement: 
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: 
  Who removed your implants?: 
  Did you Improve after Explant?: 
Positive ANA
So I have a question for anyone here that has an autoimmune disease.

I had an autoimmune disease (vitiligo) before I had my implants back in the mid 80's. starting 2004 my autonomic nervous system began shutting down, in retrospect I believe is when my left implant began leaking, but didn't know it.

Due to a mammogram procedure that burst my implant, I had them explanted in dec. of 2010. Unlike many of you my symptoms are continuing to get worse. Blood work shows positive AnA and high levels of RNP. They say I have mixed connective tissue disease and other symptoms not related to that disease. My cardiologist wants me to go to Stanford for an "academic study" to figure out what is going on.

They say if you have one autoimmune disease you can accumulate more, which I am. I guess at this point I don't care if my implants aggravated my immune system or not, I just know I feel OLD! I'm tired of feeling poor. I'm taking corticosteroids, and now a med for toenail fungus, a med for nueropathy, along with a beta blocker.

As I read everyone's symptoms, which are the same as mine, I am curious how many women's blood work are positive for ANA and RNP? Does anyone out here have mixed connective tissue disease, and if so are you taking anything for it?

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2013, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 01:55 PM by samanthalove.)
  Year/Years implanted: 
  Implant Placement: 
  Are you ill from Implants?: 
RE: Positive ANA
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia after implants. After my explant in 2008, one of the symptoms went away IMMEDIATELY. My urine used to smell like rotten fish or bologna when I had implants. After I had them removed, my pee smelled normal again! But my insomnia, depression, arthritis, muscle pain and stiffness, eye pain, brain fog, did not go away but has gotten a little worse over the last 5 years after explant. But get this...I had been researching my symptoms recently because I thought since I got the implants out it might be something else like chronic lyme disease...but then I ran into an article by a girl named Alyssa (You can find it on google if you search for Alyssa Silicone Rally) and her story got me to thinking maybe I am still sick because there is still a part of the capsule inside of me. She says that after her explant a few of her symptoms went away as well, but 5 years later (just like me) she was still having a lot of the horrible symptoms. Well she asked her plastic surgeon if he got all the capsule out and he said that he left a thin piece of capsule in there because it would " dissolve". But they don't dissolve. Alyssa had been researching and talking to scientists and different doctors who told her that women will not get better if they don't get rid of ALL of the capsule. So she scheduled surgery to get rid of the rest of the capsule and within a year all the rest of her symptoms went away. You should read her story. It is amazing and got me to realize that I think I still have a piece of the capsule in me even though I told the ps to take it all out. I can still feel hard stuff in my boobs. Well, I'm going to try and find out if the capsule or scar tissue is still in there and get it out. Then I will start detoxing with an ozone sauna and ozone insufflations to kill all the bacterias that have probably invaded my body. You might want to look into ozone therapy. It kills bacteria and viruses which are probably at the root of autoimmune diseases anyway and there a many people on youtube that have healed all kinds of diseases with it, especially the ones that mystify the doctors because those are usually caused by microorganisms and bacteria. I will probably order one because I don't know what bacteria I have. I figure I will try and kill them all with ozone. Did you know that having implants suppresses some peoples immune systems so that bacteria can spread in their bodies faster. Anyway, check out her article and keep seeking and you will find. Its taken me a long time to figure out what is going on here. I had people telling me it was just in my head, but having my urine smell come back to normal after explant proved it was the implants. Did you get all of your capsules out? If not, that could be why you continued to get worse. That is what Dr. Pierre Blais says. Unless the whole capsule is removed, a woman will still remain sick.
09-04-2013, 07:10 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 
  Implant Placement: 
  Are you ill from Implants?: 
I am almost 3 years post explant. I have come to the conclusion for me, personally, stress is the greater factor in my health. I too have elevated ANA and mixed connective tissue disorder marker. That is what made me explant although ALL my docs said it was not necessary. My ANA is still elevated and I still have the MCTD marker (of course) and I don't like my breasts very much, but that being said, my mind is at greater peace so hopefully it will keep my concerns at bay. I think if someone is worried about the implants the implants should come out for peace of mind. If the rest improves even better. For me it was not a cure all....
11-09-2013, 10:52 AM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1976
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Autoimmune disorder Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Rib pain Night sweats Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Weight Gain Profuse sweating Dry Eyes Candida/Yeast Flushing Gastrointestinal problems Bloating
  Who removed your implants?: inexperienced doctor
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
(08-28-2013 01:49 PM)samanthalove Wrote:  I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia after implants. After my explant in 2008, one of the symptoms went away IMMEDIATELY. My urine used to smell like rotten fish or bologna when I had implants. After I had them removed, my pee smelled normal again! But my insomnia, depression, arthritis, muscle pain and stiffness, eye pain, brain fog, did not go away but has gotten a little worse over the last 5 years after explant. But get this...I had been researching my symptoms recently because I thought since I got the implants out it might be something else like chronic lyme disease...but then I ran into an article by a girl named Alyssa (You can find it on google if you search for Alyssa Silicone Rally) and her story got me to thinking maybe I am still sick because there is still a part of the capsule inside of me. She says that after her explant a few of her symptoms went away as well, but 5 years later (just like me) she was still having a lot of the horrible symptoms. Well she asked her plastic surgeon if he got all the capsule out and he said that he left a thin piece of capsule in there because it would " dissolve". But they don't dissolve. Alyssa had been researching and talking to scientists and different doctors who told her that women will not get better if they don't get rid of ALL of the capsule. So she scheduled surgery to get rid of the rest of the capsule and within a year all the rest of her symptoms went away. You should read her story. It is amazing and got me to realize that I think I still have a piece of the capsule in me even though I told the ps to take it all out. I can still feel hard stuff in my boobs. Well, I'm going to try and find out if the capsule or scar tissue is still in there and get it out. Then I will start detoxing with an ozone sauna and ozone insufflations to kill all the bacterias that have probably invaded my body. You might want to look into ozone therapy. It kills bacteria and viruses which are probably at the root of autoimmune diseases anyway and there a many people on youtube that have healed all kinds of diseases with it, especially the ones that mystify the doctors because those are usually caused by microorganisms and bacteria. I will probably order one because I don't know what bacteria I have. I figure I will try and kill them all with ozone. Did you know that having implants suppresses some peoples immune systems so that bacteria can spread in their bodies faster. Anyway, check out her article and keep seeking and you will find. Its taken me a long time to figure out what is going on here. I had people telling me it was just in my head, but having my urine smell come back to normal after explant proved it was the implants. Did you get all of your capsules out? If not, that could be why you continued to get worse. That is what Dr. Pierre Blais says. Unless the whole capsule is removed, a woman will still remain sick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Positive Candida test jsider 18 7,584 03-06-2011 01:02 PM
Last Post: Molly
  Positive ANA and Epstein virus Confused!! Lilly66 5 3,306 12-08-2010 09:59 PM
Last Post: Lacelady