Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Missing old friends here
01-12-2013, 06:05 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1984
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Shortness of breath
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Linda Huang
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
Missing old friends here
I particularly miss Brenda and Zelda. What great supporters they were. Do they check in every now and then? And of course Beth always.

Together we can help put an end to the brutal sport of breast implantation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 06:42 PM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1975
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Breast pain Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Chest pain Bone pain Foot pain and burning Hypo/Hyper Thyroid Vertigo
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. In Kansas City
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
RE: Missing old friends here
Yes I check in every now and then. :) I do miss talking with everyone on a regular basis. I spent so many hours on the forum, but have moved on to other endeavors! I still tell people about this forum if they need information. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Beth last year. She will be a lifetime friend for me! Cathy how are you doing? Send me a private message if the desire moves you to do so!! Hugs to all...
01-15-2013, 12:39 AM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1996
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Memory problems Depression Vertigo Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. in Pennsylvania
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
Hi again Cathy! Handwaving

Zelda is on Facebook. I'll shoot her a message to let her know you were looking for her on the forum.

I miss using some of these emoticons. They make me laugh! Bighello

"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you." ~ Maya Angelou

My Story - Toxic Breast Implants

“Some choices we live not only once but a thousand times over, remembering them for the rest of our lives.” ~Richard Bach
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Heart RE: Missing old friends here
Oh hearing from you again brought tears to my eyes. Change is our lives is guaranteed, but my gratitude for the women of this forum, especially former moderators, will never ever change nor will I ever forget them/you. (And yes, the emoticons always made it more special!) Thanks for posting; it makes me feel all is well even in times of adversity now or times past. Much love to you always, and though I never met you in person, I know you anyway and feel it a great privilege to have associated with you. God is mindful and always with us.Purpleribbon

07-28-2014, 04:38 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 
  Have you been Explanted?: 
  Implant Placement: 
  Are you ill from Implants?: 
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: 
  Who removed your implants?: 
  Did you Improve after Explant?: 
hi girls,
I am a member from years back, and then I needed to leave due to trying mentally to move on despite the symptoms (which i still have). The support during the terrified first period, thinking would literally die of pain, meant alot to me.....I still think of you guys.
08-25-2014, 05:40 PM
I know what you mean. I'll never forget the support here either.

09-22-2015, 09:52 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1985
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Night sweats Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Vertigo Sensitivity to light Gastrointestinal problems Bloating All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Alex K. Wong, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Hi Cathy! I was so blessed to find this site! I had my 30 yr. old breast implants recently removed, on July 27, 2015 at USC Keck Hospital in Los Angeles, CA! I had been so ill! My Dr. told me that one of the implants was badly ruptured! I was very grateful to discover this website and to meet Beth... on this site! Just before I had the implant removal surgery, I looked for some support forums for breast implant removal... and I did not find anything near as perfect as this! Much thanks to the administrator and moderators of this site and the time and care and information they put into this site & their caring hearts! I'm just thankful I found it! I'm happy I'm explanted, but I'm still recovering! I still have to give myself enema's which I thought would get better after I was explanted... but my joints don't ache as badly! Right after the explant, I noticed the area just under the eye cleared up a lot and my hair felt better! Still in recovery... I had been quite ill for a long time and spent a lot of time in bed. If I did some chore in the house or out, it would take me a long time to recover from it in bed! So happy those things are out of my body... and grateful I got support here even though I hadn't had the money to have the implants removed at the time I found this site! I will always be grateful for this website!!! (Above all others!)
10-04-2015, 06:10 PM
So happy to read you're doing better lisamarie. What a journey this has been. God bless you always.

10-05-2015, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 04:07 AM by lisamarie4Jesus.)
  Year/Years implanted: 1985
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Night sweats Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Vertigo Sensitivity to light Gastrointestinal problems Bloating All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Alex K. Wong, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Rainbow RE: Missing old friends here
Yes, Cathy... this has been some journey! I'm trying to learn a little now about detoxing and cleansing the body! God bless you always, too! It's really good hearing from someone! It's not the easiest thing to go through something like this! So, I really want to thank you for your reply!!! Angel
10-13-2015, 06:52 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1976
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Autoimmune disorder Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Rib pain Night sweats Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Weight Gain Profuse sweating Dry Eyes Candida/Yeast Flushing Gastrointestinal problems Bloating
  Who removed your implants?: inexperienced doctor
Hi Cathy and all - I miss this group and all the kind people that were like family. Even though it's been six years since my explant, I come back hoping the group is up and running again. Maybe one day.
Cools

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Told some friends tonight Omma 26 5,495 09-12-2010 07:36 AM
Last Post: mstt
  Was friends death implant related?? Suzy Q 9 2,544 03-04-2010 03:38 PM
Last Post: suwalcott
  Explaining to Friends and People in General Karmargonz 9 2,258 11-07-2008 02:21 PM
Last Post: LisaLa01
  Anyone else never tell friends they even have implants?? Renee 12 2,868 03-21-2007 10:23 AM
Last Post: MVR58