Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breast Explant Yesterday- Depression Help
04-13-2012, 11:24 AM
  Type of Implants: Cohesive Gel (approved 11/06)
  Year/Years implanted: 2010
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Breast pain Chest pain
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Kamal Sawan
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
Breast Explant Yesterday- Depression Help
I had silicone implants under the muscle in Spring 2010. Ever since then I didn't like them, but decided to give them a chance for 2 years. I had them removed yesterday, and the bandage around my chest makes me look completely flat. I was an A cup before the implants, so I don't expect to have much, but this view is so depressing. Now I worry I will be flatter than I was before the implants. My husband is trying his best, but I feel sad that I have "taken away" these breasts from him. He tries to understand why I wanted to go back to all natural, but I think its just hard for him to grasp. These two things- the super flat chest, and the unhappiness of my husband, have really put me down. I've been reading posts here and find it helps lift my spirits. Anyone have suggestions on recovery? Any special bras, lotions, etc. that will help? What should I expect the next few months? Did anyone's spouse/signification other have a hard time adjusting to your new body?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2012, 12:40 PM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1990
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Not ill
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Fully Recovered after Explant
RE: Breast Explant Yesterday- Depression Help
Feeling emotional or even depressed after explant is very normal, if for no other reason than the anesthetic used can make you extra emotional, and the whole experience is very scary and stressful. Take good care of yourself at this time, and be gentle with yourself as you adjust.

It will probably take you awhile to feel back to normal. No, I don't think you will be smaller than before, but you had enough time to get used to the larger breasts so I'm sure your real breasts, flattened by compression dressings and the trauma of surgery, seem very different. Give it time! Within a few months, you will start to look like you did before and you will become familiar with the "real you" once again.

As for your husband, do give him the name of your plastic surgeon who implanted you and let him know that if he misses those silicone ticking time bombs in your body so much, he is more than welcome to get them put inside of HIM. Seriously. This is about your health, and if he's feeling like he misses his "toys" OVER the health and happiness of his woman, he should be ashamed of himself.

I know, for me, once my husband saw my actual implants (I had them returned to me after explant) he never again looked at breast implants the same way. So perhaps if you can get your implants back and he can see them, that will give him a reality check and take away some of the magic he associates with them, when he sees that yellowing, leaking plastic bags have been what he's been worshipping all this time. They're not real, and thinking they're simply a way to swap out small breasts for big ones is a myth. And while he doesn't have them around anymore, he does have a real, live, healthy woman who loves him!

Remember, honey, at this point in life -- where you heal and recover, this time is all about YOU AND YOUR HEALTH, not whether or not HE'S going to be OK with real, natural breasts instead of fake ones. ((hugs))

Courage is not lack of fear; it is moving ahead despite having it.
04-13-2012, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 03:08 PM by Implantsout.)
  Type of Implants: Don't know
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Rib pain Night sweats Depression Dry Eyes
  Who removed your implants?: Private
This healing process is emotional not only for you but for your husband as well. You both are experiencing the ups and down of everything in each of your life. If he sees you sad and unhappy he will feel the same way. My husband didn't like the idea of removing my implants because he was scared of me being deformed and depress as that's what my PS told us I might experience. Today I'm almost 3 months of my explantation and I'm happier than what I was during my 2 years with implants. I hated those big plastic thing in my body. As per my husband, he seems happy as well, and it's all because he sees me happy. As soon as you start feeling confident and happy again, your husband will reflect the same feelings.
04-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the positive comments. I think my husband will be happier once he sees me happier... I just took my first post-op shower and removed bandages. I cried for about an hour, I know it will get better but I just kept questioning myself. Why did I get implants in the first place? I'll have to live with these scars the rest of my life, and now that I'm smaller those incisions are below my breast creases (and the don't line up, one is lower than the other.) This is scary but I'm hoping these next few weeks will only get better.

Question for Implantsout- is it true that breasts will "fill out" slowly after explantation? I was a full A before I had implants, and now I have nothing. I'm praying that will change over time. Trying to stay positive.
04-13-2012, 05:34 PM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1996
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Memory problems Depression Vertigo Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. in Pennsylvania
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
It sounds to me like you need to give yourself time to 'fluff'. Odd term but some of us look deflated immediately following explant.

I'm sure your husband will be fine with all of this. If he truly loves you he will accept you no matter what. Remember your health is more important than anything.

"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you." ~ Maya Angelou

My Story - Toxic Breast Implants

“Some choices we live not only once but a thousand times over, remembering them for the rest of our lives.” ~Richard Bach
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-13-2012, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 07:58 PM by Implantsout.)
  Type of Implants: Don't know
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Rib pain Night sweats Depression Dry Eyes
  Who removed your implants?: Private
Well, my case is different regarding your question (fluff?). My explant was with a lift so I don't know if without a lift the results of fluffing will be different. I read some girls that experience a small "fluff" after explantation. But it all depends on healing time and a healthy diet full of protein and vitamins, specially vitamins B and C that are good for healing and a healthy mental and physical estate.
As the girls here mentioned, you have to consider the fact that you are wearing a compress garment that is making you flat. Think on how you felt when you had those implants, don't forget why you took them out of your body. I know it could be hard at times but don't let your husband see you stress out about all this. Keep coming to this forum for support, that's what I did to feel good about myself and who I am today. This is a process that will make you a strong woman. The only way you can feel better is letting all your feelings out, we are here for each other, we can understand you because "we are in your same shoes".
Going back to my story, I did explant/lift and my ps told me not to wear any bra for the 1st 6 weeks. Every Dr. and every case is different. I was a C in high school/college, after my 2 pregnancies I went down to saggy B. I wanted a lift without implants but all ps told me I need implants so I agreed with what the "experts" told me. My results were bad from day 1 and on top of that I felt that my implants were too big for me. After 2 years and 5 surgeries I decided to follow MY DECISION and not what the Drs thought it was best for me. Today I lost sensation in one nipple, i have scars, one scar is exactly on the crease which is perfect, but the other one is a little bit lower in which you can see with some bikinis. I don't like that scar but when I put in a "scale" both situation, me with implants vs. me with one bad scar but healthy... that made me feel in peace. What I had done to my body is done, I can't change that. But what I can change is my actitud with life. Everytime I think about that scar before getting upset I think of how miserable I was during those 2 years. I truly feel a lot better. My husband seems so happy that its not worthed ruining that about a small bad scar. I just need to wear the right bikini ;)

I want to hear more about you, your feelings and your healing progress. You will see that one day you will be the one giving strengh and support to the ladies in this forum.
04-14-2012, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2012 02:14 AM by bator.)
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1998
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Not ill
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. P. Schiller
Hi KatieRC

I will have my salines explanted next week and I will be in your shoes too. However, after being on this site and reading and viewing pics I am aware of what to expect and it's okay because I know that there is a fluffing stage and the skin will retract back to where it was.

I will also be very flat too and I plan to either get stem cell fat transfer after I have healed for several months or try Natural progesterone cream after about 6 months. Some women here have had it done and some went to Dr. Feng for stem cell fat transfer. One person here that goes by the name HLA had stem cell fat transfer by Dr. Feng and six months after the fat transfer she began using Natural progesterone cream mixed with L'Arginine and massaged onto breast. She increased at least 2 cup sizes and had to stop as she was just growing and growing. The brand she used was call Pro-gest by Emerita.com (the first natural progesterone cream made for women by women). Look her up under the search box and read her posts and you should find them. Read as much as you can as the cream has to be put on for only two weeks. Not sure if it's before your period or after. Natural progesterone cream also has many health benefits for all women of all ages. Just google, but here is some info:

http://www.johnleemd.com/store/faqs_progest_crm.html

http://www.hormone-healthy.com/Benefits_...terone.htm

http://www.johnleemd.com/store/resource_...erone.html
04-14-2012, 09:04 AM
  Type of Implants: PIP Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 2000
  Have you been Explanted?: No
  Implant Placement: Not sure
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Foot pain and burning Profuse sweating
  Who removed your implants?: Mr. Shiva Singh
Hi KatieRC
I know exactly how you are feeling. I had my explant on 13 Jan 2012 and I am back to being a 32A/B. I have had my ups and downs since the surgery and questioning my choice of not re-implanting for the exact reasons as you. My own body image and my husband's attitude. In terms of my own body image I keep reminding myself that I do not have to worry about more surgeries and possible implant related illnesses in the future. for the past 14 years, I was always worried when flying, doing sports , exercising, and many other activities. My implants were always at the back of my mind when doing anything at all!!! These points stop me from obssessing now and I keep reming myself how releived I actually feel. Actually, I keep liking my natural breasts more and more every day. In terms of my husband, he still has not seen my new breasts and when I asked if he wanted to see them, he said not yet. I am leaving him to come to terms with this in his own time. It is hard for him to understand what the big fuss is all bout on more possible surgeries in future given that I voluneered for it in the first place. Also he had not had two balloons in his chest and been uncomfortable for 14 years. I have given him all the reasns why this is better choice for me (and by the way him) given that I will be healthy and happy. I am leaving him to digest the information in his own time. Some men get there quicker than the others....Best of luck and keep focusing on how free you are now of any future problems.
04-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks for all the information here! I love this forum, it has really helped me these past few days. Today I went shopping for some sport bras and bra padding. I'm still self conscious about my body, even though i know this was the right decision and I can't go back in time to erase what I have done to my body. I've gone from a full C to AA.

I've never considered the stem cell fat transfer or progesterone? I'll have to look into that, I wouldn't mind filling out my A cup if it doesn't happen on its own. As for the post op care, sounds like I need to start taking some multivitamins. I eat a healthy diet but it can't hurt to make sure I have all the vitamins I need. I won't see my doctor until next week (1 week post op) so I'm going to search around here for post op advice... lotions, supplements, massaging, etc. Thanks everyone!
04-15-2012, 07:27 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 2007
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Breast pain Brain Fog Memory problems Candida/Yeast
  Who removed your implants?: Canada
It can be a bit of a shock for those of us who don't have a lot of breast tissue...to go from one extreme to the other! I had a very difficult time at the beginning and was quite sad. I knew I didn't like them when they were in but I also didn't like being flat!! I am now 10 months post and they have changed a couple of times. They have fluffed and are looking 100x better than they did after my first week! I have a little something (32B padded) which I'm happy with. Most of all, I love being natural and not having it in the back of my head all the time or dressing to hide them! As for your husband - just like the other ladies said- he will be happy when you are happy! My husband was the same but he was just feeling what I was feeling and scared I had regretted it. But the more comfortable and happy I was, the more he was! He now knows it was the best decision for me and loves my natural body because it's me!

Give it time - trust me - you will feel better and they will look better. Be kind to yourself and know that you made the right decision. Hugs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Diagnosed with Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma - Explanted yesterday Grateful 32 10,118 10-22-2012 02:25 PM
Last Post: Grateful
  Psoriasis go away with Explant?? alanna13 0 1,612 08-31-2012 06:25 PM
Last Post: alanna13
  New Member Scheduled for Explant in 2 weeks Normal Lady 14 3,972 07-12-2012 03:55 PM
Last Post: Normal Lady
  Explant in June Henna Head 14 3,822 07-12-2012 07:14 AM
Last Post: lisamarie4Jesus
  Explant scheduled for Tuesday next week! melimeli 6 2,025 07-09-2012 09:37 AM
Last Post: Beth
  Fatigue City! 10 days Post Explant 3boysmom 5 2,728 06-18-2012 11:48 AM
  REGRET at only 1 month post-op and want explant TienTee 10 15,148 06-07-2012 09:58 AM
  Anyone had explant 'en bloc' with Adrian Richards Stephie Jones 12 5,298 06-02-2012 03:03 AM
Last Post: grassy
  Alternative in Canada to breast augmentation? misscanada 7 2,358 05-25-2012 11:49 AM
Last Post: HLA
  Explant in Costa Rica sick but not crazy 18 4,713 05-22-2012 10:34 AM
Last Post: lisamarie4Jesus