Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Just heard back from Dr. Chun's office!
04-14-2012, 05:59 PM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1985
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Night sweats Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Vertigo Sensitivity to light Gastrointestinal problems Bloating All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Alex K. Wong, M.D., F.A.C.S.
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
RE: Just heard back from Dr. Chun's office!
Update: I just faxed Dr. Chun's office my medicare card, so at least that is done.

Also, I was hospitalized for chest pain--two different times. This last time, they took an ultra sound and an MRI. They had found a mass on my ultra sound, but couldn't find the mass on my MRI. However, they were not looking for a rupture.

My question is this? Do you think Dr. Chun's friend who is skilled at finding silicone ruptures on an MRI, could do so by my recent MRI? I'm not even sure if they stay on file, but if so, could he use that--or do you think they'd have to re-do the tests?

And I have my old mamagram films, he may be able to look at that fuzzy part with breaks in it to determine if it's ruptured.

Thanks,

Lisa
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2012, 11:01 AM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1999
  Are you ill from Implants?: Unsure
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Gastrointestinal problems
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Chun
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Fully Recovered after Explant
I used the Newport surgey center and I didn't like it. I have to agree with CelticOm Dr. Chun did a great job cosmetically.

Our cells take instructions from our brain...whatever you thinketh will be your reality.......believe that you are healthy and you will be.
04-16-2012, 06:20 PM
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Night sweats Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Vertigo Sensitivity to light Gastrointestinal problems Bloating All over body weakness
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
Well, I just heard back from Dr. Chun's office again--by e-mail. I let them know I do not have proof of a rupture, but let them know that I have an old mammogram & recently was hospitalized for chest pain and gp ordered an ultra sound--and they found a mass, but then having an MRI--they said they didn't find a mass, but they did not look for silicone rupture--so maybe Dr. Chun can get someone to read the ultra sound--and/or MRI? So now I'll wait back to hear from them again. But they didn't say anything negative about my medical insurance! So that is good!! God bless you and thanks for your responses!
04-16-2012, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2012 07:35 PM by lisamarie4Jesus.)
Rainbow RE: Just heard back from Dr. Chun's office!
Just heard back from Dr. Chun's office again. They told me that I can have a consultation and that they will bill medicare. So that is good!

I think this is the video of 30 yr.old breast implants that--one is ruptured and they are being removed. Older silicone. When he sliced it opened is when I knew that is what I was coughing up out of me. They say the newer silicone is better and adheres to itself so it is safe--I don't believe them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOc5UjGyi...7FDB6S0%3D
04-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Hope I can go to the Hoag! If I get that far with this this time.
04-18-2012, 05:39 AM
Well, I just found out that the lady who works for Dr. Chun told me that I have to schedule an appointment with Dr. Chun to see if it is medical or cosmetic--in relation to my medical insurance. Apparently, Dr. Chun has to see me. But I already just saw a plastic surgeon who told me that he could not admit me in the hospital due to my implants appearing in-tact. But he told me that he believed me that they were ruptured, but difficult to prove.

Also, my mom has been non supportive--getting upset that I wanted to make an appt. with dr. chun, because she needs my help right now.
04-18-2012, 05:57 AM
  Type of Implants: PIP Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 2004
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Rib pain Night sweats Foot pain and burning Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Metalic Taste in mouth Weight Gain Profuse sweating Heat intolerance Shaky after being in the sun Vertigo Dry Eyes Sensitivity to light Candida/Yeast Flushing Gastrointestinal problems Bloating Food Allergies All over body weakness Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: Lahoud
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
Hi Lisa Marie

I've just read your thread. I do hope you can have your implants out asap, sounds like you are really going through it, particularly if you've been throwing up silicone. Bernie seems to throw up nearly every day but because she is a smoker, she blames it on that. Makes me wonder.... I cannot believe how much distress women are going through with these toxic implants.... so angry that governments won't listen.....

Anyway, sounds like you need to take care of yourself before dealing with your Mother's issues! Wish you lots of luck and strength xxx
03-03-2013, 09:47 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 
  Have you been Explanted?: 
  Implant Placement: 
  Are you ill from Implants?: 
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: 
  Who removed your implants?: 
  Did you Improve after Explant?: 
Ladies... I am debating between Dr Feng and Dr Chun... ANY advice would be amazing. I simply want the best. Ideally I want to explant through my periaereola incision - not the fold.... please advise - thank you!!!
09-22-2015, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 10:47 PM by lisamarie4Jesus.)
Rainbow RE: Just heard back from Dr. Chun's office!
Just an update: I have finally been explanted... after 30 yrs! One of the implants were badly ruptured! Dr. Alex K. Wong at USC Keck School of Medicine... performed the surgery and he did a very nice job! I'm very happy with the results! I'm still wearing a b bra, but I'm lighter and feel so much better! I had the implants removed en-block, so I was happy about that too! I did have drains for over a week! The surgery date was July 27, 2015!!! God answers prayers! Thank you, Jesus! God is faithful! I still have a ways to go in the recovery process, but I feel so much better explanted than implanted! Praise God! Angel
10-13-2015, 06:33 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1976
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Autoimmune disorder Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Rib pain Night sweats Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Weight Gain Profuse sweating Dry Eyes Candida/Yeast Flushing Gastrointestinal problems Bloating
  Who removed your implants?: inexperienced doctor
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
Good news Lisa Marie! I wish the group was still here to share your joy.
Cong

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Explant with Dr. Chun complete Luvmyfam 6 6,518 03-10-2013 03:27 AM
Last Post: CelticOm
  Just explanted only SIX HOURS AGO! Back home all BRILLIANT! newme 15 4,982 02-11-2012 10:40 AM
Last Post: Implantsout
  Back from my explant with Dr. Huang marie in md 16 7,595 11-09-2011 12:22 AM
Last Post: Happyme
  chaosclothing welcome back from explant CHBrokaw 6 2,164 05-04-2011 04:55 PM
Last Post: Beth
  has anyone used Dr. Chun in Newport Beach CA? Chloe 9 5,181 04-29-2011 12:45 PM
Last Post: Caly
  Information about Dr. Chun? aim83 6 2,334 04-29-2011 12:34 PM
Last Post: Caly
  Implants will b out when forum is back up! stacyjo100 8 2,692 03-28-2011 01:37 PM
Last Post: stacyjo100
  Has anyone heard from Chris? Mbtess 1 793 03-08-2011 03:47 AM
Last Post: Mbtess
  Consult with Dr. Chun tomorrow Mbtess 2 1,245 02-17-2011 02:09 AM
Last Post: mcmad11
  Got the first PS appointment! Anyone used Dr. Huang or Dr. Chun?? katekali 11 3,262 01-15-2011 04:03 AM
Last Post: Molly