Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
mold on implants
04-01-2012, 10:10 PM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 2003
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Breast pain Pain down arms Brain Fog Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Foot pain and burning Memory problems Dry Eyes Sensitivity to light Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: Dr.r
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
mold on implants
Ladies I have my intact implants in a container.I just opened it to look at them and there is mold on the outside and in the valve.where do I send them and Beth I remember reading you would do it different if you had to do it again.why are the implants getting mold on them now? Thanks for help.want to get them analyzed asap.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2012, 05:37 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1996
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Memory problems Depression Vertigo Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. in Pennsylvania
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
RE: mold on implants
Mine did the same thing. I suspect that the mold on the inside of the implant started growing outside in and around the valve.

Yes, I did say I'd do it differently....

I wished I had sent my implants to Mycometrics. They analyze the saline and tell you exactly what is growing in the saline. So if you really want to know what is going on with your implants, send them to Dr. Blais to analyze for defects and after he sends your the report, get the implants back from him and send them onto Mycometrics. However, I thought I had read on here that one to the ladies send her implants to Dr. Blais and he analyzed the saline for her as well. So contact him and see if he does more than he had in the past with the implants.

"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you." ~ Maya Angelou

My Story - Toxic Breast Implants

“Some choices we live not only once but a thousand times over, remembering them for the rest of our lives.” ~Richard Bach
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2012, 05:17 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 2003
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Breast pain Pain down arms Brain Fog Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Foot pain and burning Memory problems Dry Eyes Sensitivity to light Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: Dr.r
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
beth---
thanks I will do that-- Its funny because the implants were clear when he gave them to me but now they are getting black mold in and around the valve so is it that they are no longer in a sterile enviornment or what do you think the cause is??
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2012, 07:45 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1996
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Memory problems Depression Vertigo Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. in Pennsylvania
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
Even though they appeared to be clear, there could be things growing within the saline that you can't see.

"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you." ~ Maya Angelou

My Story - Toxic Breast Implants

“Some choices we live not only once but a thousand times over, remembering them for the rest of our lives.” ~Richard Bach
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  HuffPost Live - Saline, Silicone Implants not 100% Safe Beth 0 1,704 05-23-2013 07:11 PM
Last Post: Beth
  implants and candida omeyer 20 9,607 08-01-2012 01:22 AM
Last Post: Lilly66
  ALCL and Breast Implants Beth 10 9,620 05-18-2012 10:29 AM
Last Post: Grateful
  Real Housewives, Tamra Barney had her implants removed; cervical cancer dx Beth 6 3,499 05-10-2012 07:01 PM
  Breast implants and lupus ZaraZara 8 6,419 05-04-2012 03:04 AM
Last Post: cath74
  Implants Gave Woman Cancer PIP Lamina 3 2,149 04-23-2012 07:13 PM
Last Post: ZaraZara
  Fat Transfer Instead of Breast Implants Beth 0 2,756 04-20-2012 08:32 AM
  Could Leaking Implants Lower Estrogen Levels ? Help Please mariayucatan 32 7,548 03-22-2012 03:24 AM
Last Post: goldy
  About Mentor Implants Natacha1961 4 4,345 03-21-2012 04:24 AM
Last Post: lisamarie4Jesus
  Upset about friend getting implants :( Insight please? Faith 8 1,880 03-14-2012 08:58 AM
Last Post: Faith