Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EXPLANT RECOVERY
02-24-2012, 08:15 AM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 2002
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Breast pain
  Who removed your implants?: DR Levick
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Fully Recovered after Explant
EXPLANT RECOVERY
Hello, My names Gemma I am new to the forum. I am 30years young and had my breast implants removed in October 2011....... I'm after a little support, advice on the recovery of the skin on my breasts.... so far it's not great Sobbing

I understand full recovery can take up to 2years especially where skin elasticity is involved... but I am VERY inpatient. Has anyone been explanted and noticed much change in the skin and fluffing after 4months??
I have gone from a D/DD measureing to a 32 B which i don't fill but an A cup underwire was too small leaving me with over hang.... My skin (although I have serum's, creams, oils etc) has not shown much improvement.... the skin above and below my nipple is very loose and very unattractive to look at. I've stopped wearing the compression bra I had as it was just squashing my breasts and making the creases/skin look even worse..... I also don't seem to have Fluffed :-( ..... can ANY of this improve after 4 months or am i doomed to look like this forever.[/size][/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2012, 10:06 AM
  Type of Implants: PIP Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 2003
  Have you been Explanted?: No
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Unsure
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Tingling and Numbness Night sweats Sensitivity to light
  Who removed your implants?: not explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Not explanted yet
RE: EXPLANT RECOVERY
Hi Gemma,
Firstly congrats on such a brave and wise decision. I'm not yet explanted (due in 4 weeks) but I have been on the facebook page, explant info and have seen lots of advice and pictures. 4 months is still early days and you are right to expect to be at least a year to see final results.
If you can get on facebook, request to join explant info page and take a look at the amazing pictures on there. I've seen ladies who have experience much bigger size changes and have recovered beautifully.
I'm not sure about the compression bra but most ladies said they wore if for months to help the tissue heal.
Bearing in mind what your body has endued I think its fair to say time is going to be the best healer and don't get yourself down. Good luck honny x
02-24-2012, 10:38 AM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1990
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Not ill
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
Hi Gemma,

I certainly understand your impatience, 4 months does seem like a long time when it's you who had the surgery. But things really can change a lot in months 5-12, so don't be too downhearted yet.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if things do not get better, you certainly could have a lift at any point in the future and your excess skin could be removed and you could be made as perky as you wish. I realize it's probably not appetizing to think of having surgery again right now, but it's an option if you're still unhappy with your results after a year or two.

Best of luck to you as you continue healing!

Courage is not lack of fear; it is moving ahead despite having it.
02-24-2012, 01:58 PM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1996
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Memory problems Depression Vertigo Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. in Pennsylvania
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
Hi Gemma,

4 months is a bit early. I would give it more time to see how you heal. My PS told me it could take up to a year to completely heal.

I think the best thing to do is to follow your surgeons instructions and just try and be patient as hard as that might be.

"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you." ~ Maya Angelou

My Story - Toxic Breast Implants

“Some choices we live not only once but a thousand times over, remembering them for the rest of our lives.” ~Richard Bach
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-24-2012, 09:07 PM
  Type of Implants: Cohesive Gel (approved 11/06)
  Year/Years implanted: 1997
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Depression Insomnia Heat intolerance All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. H. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
You might also talk to a dermatologist about laser treatment or Exilis, which is relatively new but is getting a lot of buzz in the area of skin tightening. Not sure if it can be used on the breasts, but worth checking into.

- CelticOm

Explanted en bloc 7/8/10 by the awesome Dr. Jae Chun, with full anchor lift.

Two years with submuscular saline 275 cc's + eleven years with silicone gel, 450 cc's. Ugh.

http://www.breastimplantsupport.org/show...billboards
03-06-2012, 05:11 AM
  Type of Implants: PIP Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 2002
  Have you been Explanted?: No
  Are you ill from Implants?: Unsure
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Breast pain
  Who removed your implants?: not explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Not explanted yet
Hi guys just found out I have pip implants and encapsulation is taking place for some reason I have had these implants in for ten years and can't wait to get them out does anybody know who is good at explantation and are there any pictures of before and after the ones I have seen so far are amazing most look better when they have had them removed (hoping I will to) are any other ladies with pip implants trying to get compensation I am gonna try.
03-06-2012, 09:45 PM
  Type of Implants: Cohesive Gel (approved 11/06)
  Year/Years implanted: 1997
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Depression Insomnia Heat intolerance All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. H. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
Welcome to the forum, mum1. I am sorry to hear that you have the dreaded PIP's. We've had a lot of new members lately with those, mostly in the UK.

Be sure to visit the Frequently Asked Questions page (button above in the menu bar), as a lot of your questions will be answered there. You are correct that many women look better after implant removal!

- CelticOm

Explanted en bloc 7/8/10 by the awesome Dr. Jae Chun, with full anchor lift.

Two years with submuscular saline 275 cc's + eleven years with silicone gel, 450 cc's. Ugh.

http://www.breastimplantsupport.org/show...billboards

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Psoriasis go away with Explant?? alanna13 0 1,865 08-31-2012 06:25 PM
Last Post: alanna13
  New Member Scheduled for Explant in 2 weeks Normal Lady 14 4,709 07-12-2012 03:55 PM
Last Post: Normal Lady
  Explant in June Henna Head 14 4,631 07-12-2012 07:14 AM
Last Post: lisamarie4Jesus
  Explant scheduled for Tuesday next week! melimeli 6 2,385 07-09-2012 09:37 AM
Last Post: Beth
  Fatigue City! 10 days Post Explant 3boysmom 5 3,350 06-18-2012 11:48 AM
  REGRET at only 1 month post-op and want explant TienTee 10 18,827 06-07-2012 09:58 AM
  Anyone had explant 'en bloc' with Adrian Richards Stephie Jones 12 6,412 06-02-2012 03:03 AM
Last Post: grassy
  Breast Explant Yesterday- Depression Help KatieRC 19 15,881 05-25-2012 11:15 PM
  Explant in Costa Rica sick but not crazy 18 5,515 05-22-2012 10:34 AM
  Explant surgery Friday shelliboo73 7 3,176 05-16-2012 04:36 PM
Last Post: shelliboo73