Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
breast forms after explantation
12-18-2011, 10:34 PM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1989
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Unsure
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Breast pain Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Hair loss Depression Insomnia All over body weakness Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: UCSF, San Francisco, CA
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
breast forms after explantation
My name is Lane Boxwood.
My explant surgery was the morning of Monday, December 5. My doctor removed my drains and bandages last week. I am now 2-weeks post-op and feel fantastic! Initially, I was afraid to "look" at my new, old breasts; but now, I am getting used to them and hoping to rekindle my love with the new, old me.
Few questions, however... when does one stop wearing the compression bra? I have become VERY FLAT, post-explant, and thinking of shopping (very soon) for padded bras... or perhaps, breast forms...?? Does anyone in this forum use breast forms? I found a website for mastectomy patients and quite honestly, I am very tempted to buy a pair to wear under my clothes. Does that make me vain? I suppose, I just miss the size/volume the implants afforded me.
I appreciate any help you ladies have to offer. Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2011, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2011 07:53 AM by Beth.)
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1996
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Memory problems Depression Vertigo Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. in Pennsylvania
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
RE: breast forms after explantation
Your surgeon should tell you when to stop wearing that and start to wear a tight fitting sports bra. I wore my sports bra 24/7 for 6 months. More extreme than most women on this forum but I just felt better wearing it while sleeping. Also, many women will experience 'fluffing' after explant. You will have to wait and see if your breasts fluff.

"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you." ~ Maya Angelou

My Story - Toxic Breast Implants

“Some choices we live not only once but a thousand times over, remembering them for the rest of our lives.” ~Richard Bach
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-19-2011, 09:07 AM
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Breast pain Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Hair loss Depression Insomnia All over body weakness Difficulty breathing
Hello, Beth, and thank you for your reply.

I suspected my 'flattening' is also due to the compression of the sports bra. May I ask if your breasts "fluffed" after 6 months of wearing a tight-fitting sports bra? What size were you before and after explantation? Are you now back in a regular bra? Did you go for a padded variety, or your 'actual' size?
12-19-2011, 11:23 AM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1996
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Memory problems Depression Vertigo Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. in Pennsylvania
My breasts never looked deflated after explant. They were swollen. Not all of us have that deflated look.

Prior to explant, I was a 38c/d but by this time had gained alot of weight. Prior to becoming ill, I was a 36c/d. I am now a 34B.

After explant, I ended up wearing a sports bra that I had purchased years before and it was nicely broken in. It was a snug fit and was very comfortable. I had purchased a few of the zip up the front sports bra's and they were so uncomfortable, I had to get rid of them. The sports bra I wore didn't have a cup size, only a band size. No padding.

"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you." ~ Maya Angelou

My Story - Toxic Breast Implants

“Some choices we live not only once but a thousand times over, remembering them for the rest of our lives.” ~Richard Bach
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-19-2011, 10:23 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1985
  Have you been Explanted?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Breast pain Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Chest pain Night sweats Memory problems Insomnia Gastrointestinal problems
  Who removed your implants?: Not Explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Not explanted yet
Hi lane.boxwood,

Being concerned about your appearance is not being vain. Wanting to look good is the reason most of us women got implants. We were healthy then, now are not and that is why we are on this site.
Before you make an investment in breast forms, you may want to wait a year to let the swelling go down and fluffing to happen to see what size you really are. In the mean time, you can supplement your shape with store bought padded bras and/or breast enhancers (ex. push up pads). There is such a great selection nowadays, even to use in bathing suits.
12-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Dear mmf. Thank you for your reply and advice. I am simply anxious and somewhat sad due to my new, old size. You're right...I need to practice patience. After all, it's only been two Weeks since my explant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Breast Explant Yesterday- Depression Help KatieRC 19 16,317 05-25-2012 11:15 PM
Last Post: lisamarie4Jesus
  Alternative in Canada to breast augmentation? misscanada 7 3,028 05-25-2012 11:49 AM
Last Post: HLA
  Want explantation, scared of outcome Implantsout 17 4,661 02-24-2012 02:06 PM
Last Post: Beth
  Email from a Lady looking to get Breast Implants Beth 4 1,329 01-11-2012 08:51 AM
Last Post: mcmad11
  Breast implants removed after 5 week....feb 25 2011 have a tough time Brooks 16 13,544 01-01-2012 03:33 PM
Last Post: newbaby
  Red and sore breast 3 months after reconstruction donnabeck 2 2,042 11-18-2011 08:18 AM
Last Post: Beth
  Can you recommend a surgeon for explantation in Sydney? Fifi 4 1,833 11-07-2011 05:11 PM
Last Post: goldy
  Leaking yellow silicone from hole in rt breast abby1234 18 6,347 08-07-2011 10:05 PM
Last Post: lrmoskal
  What to expect after explantation Soniagirl 2 4,994 07-24-2011 10:22 PM
Last Post: CelticOm
  Will the breast implant surgery have any effects on my getting pregnant? Nalbandian 2 1,099 07-09-2011 03:59 PM
Last Post: CelticOm