Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
shortness of breath and breast implants
11-04-2011, 10:40 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 2002
  Have you been Explanted?: No
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Joint Aches Joint inflammation Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Memory problems Insomnia Tingling in hands Hypo/Hyper Thyroid
  Who removed your implants?: not explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Not explanted yet
shortness of breath and breast implants
I have noticed in the last 5-6 months that I'm getting short of breath quicker and I have this pressure on my chest. Last nigt I couldn't finish my aerobics class, I felt dizzy, faint and my lungs burned. Have you ever experienced the same? I'm positive it's related to my implants and can't wait to have them removed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2011, 11:23 AM
  Type of Implants: Cohesive Gel (approved 11/06)
  Year/Years implanted: 2011
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Are you ill from Implants?: Unsure
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Depression Vertigo All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: My original surgeon
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
RE: shortness of breath and breast implants
Hi Natalie,

I am very sorry for the problems you are having. Personally the chest tightness and heaviness is one of the things I mostly hated with implants. Pectoral muscles assist heavy breathing which happens during intense exercise like aerobics. So feeling this way because of the implants makes sense. I see that you had them already for quite a few years so removing them is maybe the best thing to do. Good luck with everything.
11-04-2011, 11:25 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 2008
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Metalic Taste in mouth Weight Gain Vertigo Extreme thirst All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Melmed
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Fully Recovered after Explant
Big Grin RE: shortness of breath and breast implants
i haven't noticed shortness of breath in particular, but I'm just pretty much too tired to exercise like I did every day because if I did my walking in the morning like I used too, I would be asleep before my work day was done. I do have a cough that has been pretty much persistent since after I had my implants in. Do you have a cough also? I am explanting on Nov 9. Just 5 more days.Sillybilly
11-04-2011, 11:39 AM
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Joint Aches Joint inflammation Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Memory problems Insomnia Tingling in hands Hypo/Hyper Thyroid
  Who removed your implants?: not explanted
No cough Laura but symptoms of a persistent cold like runny nose, sniffling, sore throat and low grade fever. It will be over as soon as I'm explanted I'm sure.
Good luck on your big day!
11-04-2011, 08:45 PM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1990
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Not ill
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
I had all your symptoms -- a heavy feeling in the chest, difficulty breathing, and constant sinus issues. All cleared up completely after explanting, which was a total surprise to me because I had no idea they were what was causing the problem (even though they started about 6 months after implanting; I moved and thought the relocation to a new area had triggered allergies). I am much better now, and hope you have the same results once you explant!

Courage is not lack of fear; it is moving ahead despite having it.
11-05-2011, 10:32 AM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1996
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Memory problems Depression Vertigo Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. in Pennsylvania
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
I had shortness of breath. Just walking from the living room to the kitchen and I would sound like I just ran a marathon. It was crazy.

"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you." ~ Maya Angelou

My Story - Toxic Breast Implants

“Some choices we live not only once but a thousand times over, remembering them for the rest of our lives.” ~Richard Bach
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-22-2011, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2011 07:01 PM by mutt1.)
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1998
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Rib pain Night sweats Foot pain and burning Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Hypo/Hyper Thyroid Weight Loss Profuse sweating Vertigo Dry Eyes Extreme thirst Sensitivity to light Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: Not Explanted
Hi everyone, well ive not visited the site for a considerable time, I hope all of you are as well as we can be. Im wanting to ask if anyone can tell me how they felt after explantation of there implants, I have considerable health problems and since my last visit I have been on life support, 3 yrs ago this new yr, I have had 2 kidney ops, I had a ruptured right implant in 2005 which was replaced, a year later i had a left capsular contracture, which was also replaced. I am again experiencing problems with both my implants. I am waiting for an appointment to see the consultant, I am now considering having them removed for good, but i am so worried about what I will look like after. this may seem vain, but with other surgerys i have had i still need to feel like a woman. I want to breath better.....
12-22-2011, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2011 10:26 PM by CelticOm.)
  Year/Years implanted: 1997
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Depression Insomnia Heat intolerance All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. H. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
mutt1, I'm sorry you've had such a rough time. Certainly with all the problems you've had with your implants, the best thing would be to get them out for good. Capsular contracture tends to recur.

Your womanhood is not in your breasts, much less in your implants! And in any case, as you know from being here on the forum, most women look just fine after explanting.

P.S. Absolutely love the avatar.

- CelticOm

Explanted en bloc 7/8/10 by the awesome Dr. Jae Chun, with full anchor lift.

Two years with submuscular saline 275 cc's + eleven years with silicone gel, 450 cc's. Ugh.

http://www.breastimplantsupport.org/show...billboards
12-23-2011, 11:16 AM
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint inflammation Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Insomnia Tingling in hands Hypo/Hyper Thyroid Metalic Taste in mouth Weight Gain Vertigo Dry Eyes Sensitivity to light Bloating Food Allergies All over body weakness Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Feng
I never had these symptoms when implanted because I could not walk, for the most part I was bedridden. After explant, I was walking and then I started having these issues. For me it was Pulmonary Hypertension which you can check by having an echocardiogram. It could be resolved by explant like other women, but if your symptoms persist for a length of time after explant -- definitely look into PH.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  HuffPost Live - Saline, Silicone Implants not 100% Safe Beth 0 2,120 05-23-2013 07:11 PM
Last Post: Beth
  Fat transfer breast augmentation LisaHolland 9 5,926 02-21-2013 02:56 AM
Last Post: Ladydi
  New book of photographs captures beauty after breast removal Beth 0 2,096 11-13-2012 10:43 PM
  For Breast Cancer Survivors Beth 0 1,122 11-06-2012 12:26 PM
  implants and candida omeyer 20 10,791 08-01-2012 01:22 AM
Last Post: Lilly66
  dr for stem cell breast surgery cath74 5 2,560 07-21-2012 05:09 PM
Last Post: lisamarie4Jesus
  List of Physicians for Women that are ill from breast implant disease Beth 43 29,571 06-22-2012 08:29 AM
Last Post: Mombo
Wink breast Change post op cath74 4 1,976 06-21-2012 08:48 PM
Last Post: cath74
  ALCL and Breast Implants Beth 10 10,561 05-18-2012 10:29 AM
Last Post: Grateful
  Real Housewives, Tamra Barney had her implants removed; cervical cancer dx Beth 6 3,897 05-10-2012 07:01 PM