Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Peri-menopause or implants?
10-07-2011, 05:31 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 1999
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Shortness of breath Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Profuse sweating Vertigo Candida/Yeast
  Who removed your implants?: not explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
Peri-menopause or implants?
Hi all,
Wasn't quite sure where to post this question. Hope this is the right place.

I am 42, have had my implants 12 years and started having symtoms five years ago. I have been diagnosed with CFS and told I am menopausal. I have seen lots on here about people having CFS but can find nothing about the menopause and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing these symptoms. Other than the CFS symptoms (debilitating fatigue, headache etc etc) I am experiencing what I would class as symptoms of hormone imbalance such as erratic periods (sometimes they last a week, sometimes a day, sometimes all month, sometimes not all, sometimes heavy, sometimes light), flooding, EXTREME mood swings like the worst PMS ever x 1000, skin changes (skin dry & rough), hormone migraines 2 days before my period, hot flushes, night sweats, sleep disturbances, palpitations...I could go on. I have had these symptoms for the past 3 years-ish. Do you think this could be down to the silicone poisoning my system or am I actually going through menopause?? Has anyone had any experience of these types of symptoms reversing after explant?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2011, 08:52 AM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1989
  Implant Placement: 
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Rib pain Night sweats Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Hypo/Hyper Thyroid Metalic Taste in mouth Weight Gain Weight Loss Profuse sweating Heat intolerance Shaky after being in the sun Vertigo Dry Eyes Extreme thirst Sensitivity to light Candida/Yeast Flushing Gastrointestinal problems Bloating Food Allergies All over body weakness Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: melmed
  Did you Improve after Explant?: 
RE: Peri-menopause or implants?
Hi there,
The same type of thing happened to me. At the age of 44, I began having terrible signs of SUDDEN MENOPAUSE. Usually these things happen gradually overtime and although some women do go through this at an earlier age, mine seemed different. It was as if one minute my hormones were fine and the next thing I knew they were going crazy.

Now I know why this happened. The chemicals/toxins in both types of implants can disrupt the endocrine system and every other system for that matter. I was thrown into adrenal fatigue and was putting out too much morning cortisol which was causing my estrogen/testosterone/progesterone to be off. Some women also have problems producing enough cortisol which leads to extreme fatigue. When the body is stressed it automatically shuts down digestion and sex hormones because in a fight or flight situation this is what happens.

Another theory is that silicone is an estrogenic chemical and this can cause estrogen dominance. (Too much estrogen coupled with not enough progesterone can cause the same symptoms as not having enough estrogen).................

You need a saliva test for you hormones. Mine were all extremely LOW. My doctor called me and said your hormones are so low they are off the charts low and unmeasurable. I would later find out that the SEVERE food allergies my implants caused also contributed to my hormone problems.

She put me on a Bio-Identical hormone and this really helped. Once I took the implants out, it was much easier to manage my hormone levels. I still fight my food allergies but getting the implants out was the best thing I have ever done.

Best of luck
10-07-2011, 10:34 AM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1990
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Not ill
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Fully Recovered after Explant
My menopausal symptoms were only caused by menopause (they did not change at all once I had my implants removed) but I can vouch for what Suzy said, that bio-identical hormones are awesome in relieving some of the symptoms that come with this time of life. Without progesterone supplements, I would have been a raving maniac! Verycrazy

Courage is not lack of fear; it is moving ahead despite having it.
10-07-2011, 03:23 PM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1978
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Breast pain Pain down arms
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Edward Melmed, Dallas, TX
I, too, am a huge fan of bio identical hormones, which are tailored specifically to your hormone levels. Mine were topical, and I used them for about 5 years. I can't imagine what my life would have been like without them!

God isn't finished with any of us yet!
10-07-2011, 07:36 PM
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Shortness of breath Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Profuse sweating Vertigo Candida/Yeast
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
Thanks all for your replies. I have actually already looked into bio identical hormones but our medical community in the UK seems to be lagging behind America. My doctor looked at me as if I'd just sprouted horns when I suggested them. She said the NHS don't do them and she knew nothing whatsoever about them, and the only thing they could offer was HRT which I don't want. My immune system is in enough of a state without me putting anything else carcinogenic into it.

I'm intending to get my explantation done with Dr Barnett in Florida before the end of the year so I will ask her about them I think. First priority, implants out, second priority, hormones sorted before I kill someone! Raving maniac is an apt description of me right now Zelda.
10-07-2011, 10:43 PM
  Type of Implants: Cohesive Gel (approved 11/06)
  Year/Years implanted: 1997
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Depression Insomnia Heat intolerance All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. H. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
I also went through menopause around about the time my implants started wreaking havoc. In fact, it's the reason I didn't figure out for several years that my implants were destroying me - I chalked everything up to "the change." Eventually though, I realized that I didn't know anyone in menopause or perimenopause who had it as rough as I did.

I have been explanted for fifteen months now. My menopausal symptoms are a fraction of what they were and my joints are vastly improved.

It's certainly possible that good old-fashioned menopause is a factor in your symptoms - but in my experience, implants make everything worse.

You may want to look into DHEA. It has helped me tremendously, especially with night sweats - the worst! Make sure you do your research and use your judgment though. It's not for everyone, and anything that affects your hormones, whether natural or synthetic, can have side effects.

- CelticOm

Explanted en bloc 7/8/10 by the awesome Dr. Jae Chun, with full anchor lift.

Two years with submuscular saline 275 cc's + eleven years with silicone gel, 450 cc's. Ugh.

http://www.breastimplantsupport.org/show...billboards
10-08-2011, 09:44 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 2002
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint inflammation Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Insomnia Tingling in hands Hypo/Hyper Thyroid Metalic Taste in mouth Weight Gain Vertigo Dry Eyes Sensitivity to light Bloating Food Allergies All over body weakness Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Feng
(10-07-2011 05:31 AM)jenniferstar Wrote:  Hi all,
Wasn't quite sure where to post this question. Hope this is the right place.

I am 42, have had my implants 12 years and started having symtoms five years ago. I have been diagnosed with CFS and told I am menopausal. I have seen lots on here about people having CFS but can find nothing about the menopause and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing these symptoms. Other than the CFS symptoms (debilitating fatigue, headache etc etc) I am experiencing what I would class as symptoms of hormone imbalance such as erratic periods (sometimes they last a week, sometimes a day, sometimes all month, sometimes not all, sometimes heavy, sometimes light), flooding, EXTREME mood swings like the worst PMS ever x 1000, skin changes (skin dry & rough), hormone migraines 2 days before my period, hot flushes, night sweats, sleep disturbances, palpitations...I could go on. I have had these symptoms for the past 3 years-ish. Do you think this could be down to the silicone poisoning my system or am I actually going through menopause?? Has anyone had any experience of these types of symptoms reversing after explant?

YES! Implants at 17 for reconstructive surgery. Sick at 18. Explant at 20 but the scar capsule was left behind so I remained sick until 26 when the scar capsules were removed. Boom -- stopped losing hair, joint pain completely gone, hormones are great, I'm fertile again after nearly a decade. It's been a year since. So don't lose hope. I had all of the same symptoms.
10-08-2011, 09:48 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 2002
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint inflammation Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Insomnia Tingling in hands Hypo/Hyper Thyroid Metalic Taste in mouth Weight Gain Vertigo Dry Eyes Sensitivity to light Bloating Food Allergies All over body weakness Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Feng
(10-07-2011 07:36 PM)jenniferstar Wrote:  Thanks all for your replies. I have actually already looked into bio identical hormones but our medical community in the UK seems to be lagging behind America. My doctor looked at me as if I'd just sprouted horns when I suggested them. She said the NHS don't do them and she knew nothing whatsoever about them, and the only thing they could offer was HRT which I don't want. My immune system is in enough of a state without me putting anything else carcinogenic into it.

I'm intending to get my explantation done with Dr Barnett in Florida before the end of the year so I will ask her about them I think. First priority, implants out, second priority, hormones sorted before I kill someone! Raving maniac is an apt description of me right now Zelda.

While you are in Florida, have yourself shipped progest cream from emerita.com shelf life is long so you can stock up. Best bio-identical progesterone cream ever. Next is spearmint tea. These will help, it's what has worked for me.
10-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Thank you HLA! x
10-11-2011, 12:05 PM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Are you ill from Implants?: Unsure
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Gastrointestinal problems
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Chun
42 is bit early for menopause (although some people do reach early menopause)
I've had those exact symptoms that you described and I attributed it to menopause, but after I changed lifestyle, ate healthy..etc. those symptoms went away so it was not menopausal symptoms after all. I am 48. Irratic, heavy period may be due to inflammation in the body.
Also, you should check and see if you have ovarian cyst, fibroids, etc.... to make sure it's not GYN related issues. Also, some people have miscarriage without knowing and that will cause those same symptoms...heavy irratic bleeding with many menopausal symptoms due to hormonal imbalance. If your period is irratic for 1-3 months then it may be just that.

I know because when I had those symptoms I went to GYN many many times and the doctor explained what it may be, but she said it was not menopausal symptoms.

The implant has estrogenic effect so it may cause this issues if you were already hormonally imbalanced to begin with...That is, implant will aggrevate the imbalance..and will make symptoms so much worse.
CFS is not menopausal symptoms.

Best bet is remove implant first and detox.
It is much more work to detox while having implants. This is why I am trying to remove it ASAP.

Our cells take instructions from our brain...whatever you thinketh will be your reality.......believe that you are healthy and you will be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  World's Largest Implants- Infected, just removed Lindsay 23 5,663 05-25-2012 11:31 PM
Last Post: lisamarie4Jesus
  Who got there implants around 2007-2008 ? LadyLisa 19 3,829 05-23-2012 06:30 AM
Last Post: cath74
  my implants...WOW!!! kerry silicone2000 28 8,136 05-22-2012 11:41 AM
Last Post: Mombo
  Implants and immune dysfunction and illness flowerroot 9 5,408 04-01-2012 03:22 AM
Last Post: goldy
  Health minister states PIP implants need to be removed Suzy Q 2 1,689 12-25-2011 10:53 AM
Last Post: michelel
  #FAIL! FDA concludes silicone breast implants mostly safe? Sug 1 1,486 06-23-2011 09:35 AM
Last Post: cmess
  WOMAN THAT HAD LARGEST IMPLANTS IN WORLD REMOVED ATTEMPTS SUICIDE Suzy Q 12 3,718 03-05-2011 03:38 AM
Last Post: Bobcat Lips
  Urinary Frequency & Silicone implants fitdiva 51 12,964 11-06-2010 11:49 AM
Last Post: wekinko
  Scientific evidence proves that implants cause Autoimmune illness Suzy Q 2 3,580 08-29-2010 01:29 PM
Last Post: bardot
  Health problems related to implants Cinmarie 13 4,586 08-17-2010 12:04 AM
Last Post: Greenie