Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Explantation surgery recovery time
10-06-2011, 07:44 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1999
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Shortness of breath Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Profuse sweating Vertigo Candida/Yeast
  Who removed your implants?: not explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
Explantation surgery recovery time
Hi all,
I will (hopefully) be travelling to FLorida from the UK to be explanted by Dr Marguerite Barnett before the end of the year, finances permitting. I will need to arrange time of work, a place to stay etc so wondered if anyone could tell me how long it takes to recover enough to travel after this procedure? I'm hoping a week in the US will be long enough.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Jen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2011, 07:50 PM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 2002
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Shortness of breath Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Insomnia Tingling in hands Weight Gain Profuse sweating Heat intolerance Shaky after being in the sun Vertigo Dry Eyes Extreme thirst Candida/Yeast Gastrointestinal problems Bloating All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Galiano
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
RE: Explantation surgery recovery time
Before I answer I have a few questions. Are you having a lift and did they say anything about drains. I would use them but, you do have to stay until they can be remove. Do you have a rupture or is all intact? Do you know?
10-07-2011, 05:19 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 1999
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Shortness of breath Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Profuse sweating Vertigo Candida/Yeast
  Who removed your implants?: not explanted
RE: Explantation surgery recovery time
Hi Cmess,
I think I'm going to need some kind of lift. I've discussed it with Dr Barnett and she isn't sure (difficult to tell these things without seeing me I guess) but she has suggested a lollipop lift if needed. She didn't mention drains although when I search for her on this site a few people have said she doesn't use them. I believe I do have a rupture as I have a painful swelling under one armpit which has been there for 5 years (my GP said it was probably due to CFS as swollen lymph nodes are a sign apparently). Again, Dr Barnett said she would remove it if it was found to be down to a rupture when she opened me up. I suspect if she did remove lymph nodes I would need a drain?
Jen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Neck and shoulder blade pain 6 months after implant surgery anyone have this problem munkeepryncess 21 15,877 03-20-2013 02:07 AM
Last Post: Jamie
  Sharon Osbourne Swears Off Plastic Surgery After Double Mastectomy Beth 3 2,238 11-07-2012 06:58 PM
Last Post: goldy
  explant surgery completed!!! bug 13 5,170 08-06-2012 05:56 AM
Last Post: lisamarie4Jesus
  dr for stem cell breast surgery cath74 5 2,724 07-21-2012 05:09 PM
  Plastic surgery gone wrong Beth 5 3,690 05-22-2012 12:20 PM
Last Post: Mombo
  My Lumpectomy Surgery chely 11 4,128 05-14-2012 02:51 AM
  Explant scheduled w/ dr Kolb--after surgery advice Vivir 5 2,964 03-29-2012 06:03 PM
Last Post: mercyme
  cry crying crying ,SO unhappy w outcome of surgery sheri 41 10,297 03-24-2012 12:45 AM
Last Post: goldy
  For those of you that paid for surgery with a credit card... Beth 0 741 03-15-2012 10:52 AM
Last Post: Beth
  Stem Cells - Revolutionizing Cosmetic Surgery Beth 1 1,403 07-19-2011 07:55 PM
Last Post: Cathy