Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Explant without lift
09-07-2011, 04:55 PM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Textured)
  Year/Years implanted: 1997
  Have you been Explanted?: No
  Implant Placement: Not sure
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: **Hold Down Ctrl Key to Select Multiple Options** Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Bone pain
  Who removed your implants?: not explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Not explanted yet
Explant without lift
I'm trying to figure how I can make getting an explant possible. I'm considering the option of getting just an explant for now. I was a 36AA before my 200 cc saline implants 14 years ago. What kind of results can I expect and would a costly lift make that much of a difference?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2011, 07:30 PM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 2002
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Shortness of breath Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Insomnia Tingling in hands Weight Gain Profuse sweating Heat intolerance Shaky after being in the sun Vertigo Dry Eyes Extreme thirst Candida/Yeast Gastrointestinal problems Bloating All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Galiano
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
RE: Explant without lift
200cc are no very large I believe if you want to wait for lift, I would agree. I think you will be surprised. If you give it all time to heal:) Do have the fluid around implant and capsule tested, for peace of mind:) Around
$400 extra. Be healthyOX
09-07-2011, 07:42 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 2007
  Implant Placement: 
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Foot pain and burning Depression Dry Eyes Gastrointestinal problems
  Who removed your implants?: Not explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: 
I have seen alot of pictures of women with no lift and much larger implants and with massage the look great. Focus on getting those toxic bags out!
09-07-2011, 07:55 PM
  Type of Implants: Don't know
  Year/Years implanted: 1983
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Breast pain Tingling and Numbness Shortness of breath Chest pain Bone pain Tingling in hands Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: Daiza
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
I am having my surgery in October and not having a lift at that time. My implants are 330. I am in my 50's and Doctor said I may not need a lift. I am willing to wait for my results, realize I may not like the first few months and I will keep you posted on anything else I find out. Brightest Blessings
09-07-2011, 08:24 PM
  Type of Implants: Cohesive Gel (approved 11/06)
  Year/Years implanted: 2008
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Breast pain Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Hair loss Memory problems Tingling in hands Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Kolb in Atlanta, GA
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
For me the I think the lift did make a difference but I was going from very large implants (I think 550 cc's) to a very small natural breast size. I think you're better off just doing the explant for now since your implants are only 200 cc's and you can always go back later if it's something you feel like you can't live with. I would wait a year (or more), heal, detox, recover, and re-evaluate. Probably not worth the cost for your situation.
09-08-2011, 12:23 PM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1990
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Not ill
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Fully Recovered after Explant
Lifts can always be done later on, so if there are financial considerations, I'd say get the implants out first and then start saving for a lift, if you end up needing one.

Courage is not lack of fear; it is moving ahead despite having it.
09-09-2011, 09:23 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1999
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Rice
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
Don't do the lift!
I was 34B before implants, and had 490cc for 12 years, and breastfed with them too, and that made them a very saggy 34D at the end. I was explanted last week, no lift. Yes they are saggy, but they are changing every day! And my surgeon, who refuses to do lifts and explants in the same time, told me to wait 6 months to 1 year, and if I am not happy after, he'll to a lift. But I am getting happier every day! Skin really can shrink, despite wrinkles and many strechmarks, believe me.
10-19-2011, 12:16 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 2001
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Rib pain Night sweats Memory problems Insomnia Tingling in hands Weight Loss Profuse sweating Heat intolerance Shaky after being in the sun Vertigo Dry Eyes Extreme thirst Sensitivity to light Flushing Gastrointestinal problems Bloating All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Feng
I think the explant is the most important part of this process. I went from a 36AA to a 36D, had 350cc's of saline implanted above the muscle 10 years ago. I was prepared to pay for a lift but was surprised when Dr. Feng told me she thought I would not need a lift and did not see a reason for any additional scars. I didn't know what to think at first but I am 3 weeks post explant and am so happy with the progress already. Take good care of yourself before hand...good healthy diet, plenty of water and your skin should bounce back. I am in my late 30s and live on the beach so I sun & surf regularly. I was terrified that I was going to return with a couple of raisins in my bra...which is definitely not the case at only 3 weeks out... Best of Luck!
10-20-2011, 10:05 AM
  Are you ill from Implants?: Unsure
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Weight Gain
  Who removed your implants?: Not Explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Not explanted yet
I am really considering having mine taken out as well, but I am scared that I will HATE the results. I was probably a 34 B prior to BA but had alot of sagging and loose skin due to breast feeding. With my implants I am a 34 D. Having these big things for so long...I am ready to be normal, but scared that I will have nothing left. Do you have any photos you can share to give an idea of what I can expect, since our sizes are about the same?
10-20-2011, 10:14 PM
  Type of Implants: Cohesive Gel (approved 11/06)
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Depression Insomnia Heat intolerance All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. H. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Fully Recovered after Explant
Welcome to the forum, toots0328. While it's understandable to want to see "after" photos, it will not provide an accurate idea of your results. Everyone is vastly different, and results depend on many factors. You will get a clearer idea by visiting an experienced explant surgeon, asking to see photos at your consultation, and undergoing examination.

If you had sagging prior to getting implants, you may want to consider a lift. However, that's something your surgeon can determine.

Please click on the Surgeon List link in the menu bar above for a list of recommended surgeons. If you have silicone gel implants or textured saline, you will need "en bloc" removal. This is a specialty, and not all surgeons are experienced at removing implants without replacing them, so it's important to go to someone who knows what s/he's doing.

Feel free to roam about the forum and ask whatever you like. You will find a lot of information here, and many women willing to answer questions.

- CelticOm

Explanted en bloc 7/8/10 by the awesome Dr. Jae Chun, with full anchor lift.

Two years with submuscular saline 275 cc's + eleven years with silicone gel, 450 cc's. Ugh.

http://www.breastimplantsupport.org/show...billboards

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Explant with Dr. Chun complete Luvmyfam 6 3,536 03-10-2013 03:27 AM
Last Post: CelticOm
  scheduled explant with dr huang 7/06/12 dynamo 10 3,803 03-03-2013 02:31 AM
Last Post: alanna13
  Chris' Explant story w/Dr. Kolb. Mixed emotions Chris 35 21,129 01-10-2013 11:39 PM
Last Post: Beth
  1 year after explant flowerroot 5 4,155 10-23-2012 02:31 AM
Last Post: Lilly66
  Explant and top part of breasts Lilly66 6 3,598 10-15-2012 09:56 PM
Last Post: Lilly66
  Fat graft okay at same time as explant? tempestuous 11 5,220 09-05-2012 11:34 PM
Last Post: tempestuous
  Advice on decision to explant Josie 16 6,541 07-25-2012 08:22 AM
Last Post: Josie
  Explant Surgeons in Canada? TienTee 19 5,715 07-15-2012 04:06 AM
Last Post: bator
Shocked BRAIN FOG - MEMORY LOSS - AFTER EXPLANT amyro 12 4,567 06-21-2012 08:55 PM
Last Post: Dancer73
  Help me.with explant Sgfit 12 4,060 05-26-2012 10:47 PM
Last Post: Sgfit