Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will Mcghan pay for explant?
07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Textured)
  Year/Years implanted: 1999
  Have you been Explanted?: No
  Implant Placement: 
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Foot pain and burning Tingling in hands Gastrointestinal problems
  Who removed your implants?: waiting to explant
  Did you Improve after Explant?: 
Will Mcghan pay for explant?
I have their brochure, and it states if replaced in less than 10 years...well mine is 12, don't know if its leaking but with all these autoimmune things, do you think if I write to them they will contribute??? I think they were bought out by someone...allergan or something? Has anyone had ANY success in going back to manufacture?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2011, 06:58 AM
  Type of Implants: Double Lumen
  Year/Years implanted: 1983
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Hair loss Memory problems Depression Tingling in hands Metalic Taste in mouth Weight Gain Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: PS didn't remove all silicone or capsules
  Did you Improve after Explant?: No improvement at all
RE: Will Mcghan pay for explant?
It is now Allergan - here's an old post from someone who got them to help pay. I don't know details, but maybe you can ask her.

http://www.breastimplantsupport.org/show...p?tid=2803
07-13-2011, 10:24 AM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1990
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Not ill
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Fully Recovered after Explant
I think their warranty is just like every other warranty -- tires, houses, cell phones, etc. If you go past the warranty expiration date, they won't pay. Sad but true. Especially not for autoimmune disease, as they don't believe implants cause them. But if you had a significant rupture that your doc could prove happened several years before, that might be a possibility.

Have you tried your medical insurance? Sometimes they will pay for explant. Mine did.

Courage is not lack of fear; it is moving ahead despite having it.
07-13-2011, 10:44 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 1976
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Joint Aches Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Rib pain Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Depression Hypo/Hyper Thyroid Weight Gain Heat intolerance Dry Eyes Sensitivity to light All over body weakness Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Lu-Jean Feng
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
The point most of the warrenties make is that they will replace the product (implant) for free if it ruptures in the first 10 years, but you have to read the fine print to see if they will pay for the procedure to remove the old implant (many won't) or, for that matter, to put a new implant in. It's generally just the implant itself that has the warrenty...all of the surgery you'll need is a whole separate issue. It's certainly worth looking into, however. And if it gets to the point where you want legal documentation that the implants ruptured years ago, they should be sent to someone like Dr. Pierre Blais who can analyze them and determine a time frame for the rupture. They should be sent directly to him from your explanting surgeon or pathology lab, however, so the "chain of custody" isn't violated.
Warrenty info off the website for Dr. Robert Peterson:

"Breast Implant Warranty Info

When you have surgery, your implants are included as part of the quote we give you. We personally order them in for you once we have measured you and helped you chose the right implants for you. You will receive, at no additional cost from the implant company, a lifetime replacement warranty (for the replacement cost of the implant itself) in case of a rupture. You may also purchase additional coverage with either company.

Allergan Breast Implant Warranties

Allergan Confidence Plus: Summary Only: Confidence Plus provides lifetime replacement of ruptured implant along with $1,200 in financial assistance towards surgeon fees, OR and anesthesia. Financial assistance coverage is for up to 10 years.
Allergan Confidence Plus Platinum: Summary Only: For a limited time only Allergan will upgrade you to “Confidence Plus” if you enroll within 30 days of surgery, for a covered event, Allergan's Confidence Plus Platinum provides lifetime replacement of the ruptured implant along with $2,400 in financial assistance towards surgeon fees, OR and anesthesia. The financial assistance coverage is for up to 10 years.

So...it looks like even if you had purchased extra insurance to help pay for future explants or implants, you still would have to complete everythng within the 10 yr. time frame.

Hope this helps!
Lacelady
07-13-2011, 11:43 AM
  Implant Placement: 
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Foot pain and burning Tingling in hands Gastrointestinal problems
zelda-how did you get your med. insur to pay? I had doc write a letter saying NOT cosmetic due to asymettry and because of the elevated ana, lupus possibility, raynauds, etc. Aetna refused. I did a wonderful appeal with lots of documentation and pictures, denied again...sucks!
07-13-2011, 03:57 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1990
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Not ill
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Fully Recovered after Explant
I never even filled out any paperwork, just went with an in-network doctor. His office took care of getting it approved. But I've seen plenty of other ladies get turned down by their insurance companies so, for whatever reason, I just got lucky with Blue Shield of CA. I think since they were old, were silicone and were suspected to be leaking it probably helped my case.

Courage is not lack of fear; it is moving ahead despite having it.
07-13-2011, 08:29 PM
  Implant Placement: 
ooohhhhh
07-14-2011, 07:02 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 2004
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Unsure
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Insomnia
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. D.H.
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
My PS said only for ruptures and u had to return the bag.

Verycrazy Beauty is not worth my health!...or yours! Sickinbed

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Explant with Dr. Chun complete Luvmyfam 6 3,604 03-10-2013 03:27 AM
Last Post: CelticOm
  scheduled explant with dr huang 7/06/12 dynamo 10 3,834 03-03-2013 02:31 AM
Last Post: alanna13
  Chris' Explant story w/Dr. Kolb. Mixed emotions Chris 35 21,643 01-10-2013 11:39 PM
Last Post: Beth
  1 year after explant flowerroot 5 4,225 10-23-2012 02:31 AM
Last Post: Lilly66
  Explant and top part of breasts Lilly66 6 3,638 10-15-2012 09:56 PM
Last Post: Lilly66
  Fat graft okay at same time as explant? tempestuous 11 5,316 09-05-2012 11:34 PM
Last Post: tempestuous
  Advice on decision to explant Josie 16 6,612 07-25-2012 08:22 AM
Last Post: Josie
  Explant Surgeons in Canada? TienTee 19 5,897 07-15-2012 04:06 AM
Last Post: bator
Shocked BRAIN FOG - MEMORY LOSS - AFTER EXPLANT amyro 12 4,605 06-21-2012 08:55 PM
Last Post: Dancer73
  Help me.with explant Sgfit 12 4,100 05-26-2012 10:47 PM
Last Post: Sgfit