Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dr. Melmed and Fat Grafting
06-30-2011, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2011 12:35 PM by Leugerspw.)
  Type of Implants: Cohesive Gel (approved 11/06)
  Year/Years implanted: 2009
  Have you been Explanted?: No
  Implant Placement: 
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Hair loss All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Not Explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Not explanted yet
Dr. Melmed and Fat Grafting
My girlfriend is on the waitlist to Dr. Ahn. My girlfriend is very sick, fatigued, losing hair and has constant headaches. She has had the implants for 2 years. We had a MRI done at Dr. Ahn's request back in March and her silicon gel implants are not ruptured. However, the hair analysis done that I bought for her showed that her levels of tin are 14 times greatly that the highest normal range. Right now she is number 1 ont he cancellation list for Dr. Ahn. However, most of her patients right now are cancer patients and unlikely to cancel. Her next available time is in October, which my girlfriend can simply not wait. So I have decided to call Dr. Melmed in Texas. I called Monday and the scheduler still has not called me back despite saying how urgent this is. I have several questions. What is the skills level of fat grafting of Dr Melmed?

I know Dr Ahn is very talented, my girlfriend needs to have it done, her breast implants were not to make her breasts larger but to make them normal again after precancerous skin tissue removal.

Secondly, my girlfriends skin does not heal like most. Her skin is a special type and scars do not heal at all. She has a scar on her leg from a scratch. So that being said, this needs to be a very minimally invasion procedure as possible, hopefully for the explant using the incision points of the implant surgery, and for the fat grafting lipoing through the belly button and inner thighs. I know fat grafting is very safe as long as the surgeon has experience with the procedure. Is Dr Melmed very capable as well when it comes to asthetics and appearances post surgery?

In addition, these implants were put under the muscle, is he capable of muscle repair?

Thank you for your support and help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2011, 02:46 PM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1975
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Breast pain Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Chest pain Bone pain Foot pain and burning Hypo/Hyper Thyroid Vertigo
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. In Kansas City
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
RE: Dr. Melmed and Fat Grafting
As far as I know Dr. Melmed does not do fat grafting. The women who go to him all seem to love him and his work. I would email him. I know he answers his email. At least that is what other women have said.
Dr. Edward P. Melmed
Plastic Surgery
Suite A210
7777 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75230
Phone: (972) 566-7755
Fax: (972) 566-7979

Recommended for Silicone Gel Implant Removal

Email: EMelmed@aol.com

Also, send a picture of your friends breasts to him. He will give you his opinion. Just a suggestion. Good luck and let us know what you find out!!! Brenda
06-30-2011, 08:06 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 2009
  Implant Placement: 
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Hair loss All over body weakness
I just got the call and the bad news that he does not do Fat grafting. What doctors do fat grafting and can handle complex muscle repair and easily scarring skin? She is going to a tough case and I want the best for her.
06-30-2011, 09:03 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 2007
  Implant Placement: 
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Foot pain and burning Depression Dry Eyes Gastrointestinal problems
  Who removed your implants?: Not explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: 
I too have to wait until October 5th for Dr. Ahn! I seem to be ok until then but I pray there is a cancelation for your friend.. I have heard Dr. Ahn is amazing and I have seen some of her work and it's by far some of the best. Your friend is In my prayers.
06-30-2011, 10:04 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1997
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Depression Insomnia Heat intolerance All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. H. Jae Chun, Newport Beach, CA
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Fully Recovered after Explant
Dr. Linda Huang in Denver does fat transfer. Dr. Jae Chun in Newport Beach, CA does it as well. Both are on the recommended surgeons list (link above).

- CelticOm

Explanted en bloc 7/8/10 by the awesome Dr. Jae Chun, with full anchor lift.

Two years with submuscular saline 275 cc's + eleven years with silicone gel, 450 cc's. Ugh.

http://www.breastimplantsupport.org/show...billboards
01-11-2012, 05:34 AM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1988
  Are you ill from Implants?: Unsure
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Insomnia Tingling in hands Vertigo Dry Eyes Extreme thirst Gastrointestinal problems Bloating
I'm new & very grateful for this forum! My explant is scheduled in 2-weeks...Dr. Huang. I have Dow Corning double-lumen silicone implanted 1988. Both implants are ruptured. My Question: Is it important for a Pathologist to review the implants? Dr. Huang's medical assistant said the implants are thrown-out. Should I arrange for the implants to be sent to a particular Pathologist? Comments or suggestions??? Thank you for your feedback.
01-13-2012, 11:32 PM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1996
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Memory problems Depression Vertigo Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. in Pennsylvania
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
I sent my implants and capsules to Dr. Blais. I did it because when I was explanted back in '04 there was some talk of us saline ladies being compensated for what hell some of us have gone through. What a joke as I'm still hearing saline is safe.

Looking back, I realized this was a waste of time. I think it is important for the capsules to be looked at just to be safe but if none of us will ever be compensated for being poisoned by these implants, what is the point? I would ask Dr. Huang what she thinks about this though. Lucky lady to be using Dr. Huang for explant!

"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you." ~ Maya Angelou

My Story - Toxic Breast Implants

“Some choices we live not only once but a thousand times over, remembering them for the rest of our lives.” ~Richard Bach
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fat graft okay at same time as explant? tempestuous 11 5,044 09-05-2012 11:34 PM
Last Post: tempestuous
  Kolb, Melmed or feng? Who s cheaper? ZaraZara 5 2,912 07-16-2012 08:32 PM
Last Post: CelticOm
  What's the best way to contact dr Melmed? ZaraZara 2 1,202 07-12-2012 09:09 AM
Last Post: chiggy
  Best Doctors for Fat / Stem Cell Transplant Crissie 2 1,969 06-10-2012 07:17 PM
Last Post: Lilly66
  Fat Transplant Crissie 2 1,287 05-30-2012 09:26 PM
Last Post: Crissie
  Explant in 10 days with Dr. Melmed! taralynn 11 3,575 05-07-2012 05:44 PM
Last Post: kcgal
  Dr.Melmed/ Dr. Kolb Bren1k76 3 1,373 04-30-2012 11:25 AM
Last Post: Double00
  New Here.. Dr.Melmed Lifenthefastlane 1 729 04-30-2012 10:42 AM
Last Post: hwenrich
  Fat grafting & liposuction - questions on recovery Never_too_late 7 13,050 04-23-2012 01:44 AM
Last Post: grassy
  Dr Feng & fat transfer Never_too_late 3 2,856 04-23-2012 01:40 AM
Last Post: grassy