Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ruptured implant after fall
06-06-2011, 12:13 AM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1980
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain Pain down arms Brain Fog Bone pain Memory problems Dry Eyes
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Barnett
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
Ruptured implant after fall
Hello ladies,

Just wanted to know whether anyone has ruptured their implant after a fall. I went up north to visit some relatives and took a bad fall after tripping on a broken sidewalk. I landed on my left breast and have had alot of pain since. Went to see my primary Dr as soon as I got home and he sent me to get x-rays of my ribs and sternum to see if I had any fractures. Luckily, I did not brake any bones.........but if I had to bet on it, I would say that I did because my whole chest area hurts alot and I cant cough or sneeze without seeing stars. The Dr also sent me to get an MRI of my breasts and they did find that my left implant had ruptured: "The left silicone implant shows a Linguine sign and Teardrop sign consistent with intracapsular rupture. In addition, there is a focal posterior bulge of silicone with a finger-like projection just below the mid nipple line". Needless to say, I am very scared. I am going to see a local plastic surgeon reccommended by my primary Dr tomorrow. I will start there and see what she has to say. I have to schedule some other appointments with different surgeons but I would like to have my implants removed asap. The other implant appears to be intact. I had my implants put in back in 1980, 260 cc. Dont know whether they are under or over the muscle (I feel so dumb):(

Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do? Do I have to have the surgery immediately?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2011, 07:34 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 1978
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Breast pain Pain down arms
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Edward Melmed, Dallas, TX
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Fully Recovered after Explant
RE: Ruptured implant after fall
I've had the same situation, numerous times. Ruptured one during a fall while waterskiing, another while snowskiing (I guess skiing of any sort could be bad for implants! Blush) Each time, the scar tissue reformed, and I didn't have explantation until about 20 years later. In fact, I didn't even know about or consider explantation. My implants were placed in 1978 and removed this last March. The rupture sites were sore for a few days, but I almost liked it, because my tightly constricted capsules were loosened for a very brief period of time, and my breast was more natural. That never lasted, and they were rock hard for almost 32 years. I hope this helps you. As much as I miss having any breasts, and I don't now, I firmly believe there's NOTHING good about implants! You'll make the right decision!

God isn't finished with any of us yet!
06-06-2011, 07:55 AM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1989
  Implant Placement: 
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Rib pain Night sweats Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Hypo/Hyper Thyroid Metalic Taste in mouth Weight Gain Weight Loss Profuse sweating Heat intolerance Shaky after being in the sun Vertigo Dry Eyes Extreme thirst Sensitivity to light Candida/Yeast Flushing Gastrointestinal problems Bloating Food Allergies All over body weakness Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: melmed
  Did you Improve after Explant?: 
Mallover99,

I would have them explanted ASAP. I read some of your sympoms and it looks like they were causing you issues anyway.

Leaking implants can cause more problems.

Try to find someone with explant experience if you can.

Here is a list of doctors for you to look at:

http://www.breastimplantsupport.org/show...p?tid=7975

Please let us know how it goes
06-06-2011, 09:08 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 1980
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain Pain down arms Brain Fog Bone pain Memory problems Dry Eyes
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Barnett
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
Thank you so much ladies for your replies and encouragement. I will see the first ps later on today and will keep u posted as to what she says. I cant wait to get this over with but at the same time, I am scared to death!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Removal of Allergan Implant Beth 23 5,697 06-17-2014 08:18 PM
Last Post: LizS
  Neck and shoulder blade pain 6 months after implant surgery anyone have this problem munkeepryncess 21 15,421 03-20-2013 02:07 AM
Last Post: Jamie
  List of Physicians for Women that are ill from breast implant disease Beth 43 29,941 06-22-2012 08:29 AM
Last Post: Mombo
  whats in the implant shell? cath74 1 1,104 06-20-2012 09:10 PM
Last Post: mcmad11
  Saw doc that CDA govt sent implant women to 20 years ago to treat when Dow was sued. michelel 7 2,316 05-29-2012 09:40 AM
Last Post: Mombo
  Hi, new to this group, 5 year implant in pain, please help! mimi2811 2 1,999 12-12-2011 11:33 PM
Last Post: CelticOm
  FDA Questions Study of Breast Implant Safety Beth 4 1,696 09-01-2011 01:11 AM
Last Post: cmess
  FDA Questions Study of Breast Implant Safety Beth 1 1,178 09-01-2011 12:19 AM
Last Post: CelticOm
  Pip implant please advise me If they are the cause? kimtom2009 4 2,302 08-08-2011 05:21 AM
Last Post: kimtom2009
  Anyone have a spare mouldy saline implant I can borrow for a presentation/project? HLA 2 1,271 07-21-2011 12:38 AM
Last Post: HLA