Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Neck and shoulder blade pain 6 months after implant surgery anyone have this problem
05-02-2011, 08:18 AM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1997 2010
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: 
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Joint Aches
  Who removed your implants?: jordan youngerman
  Did you Improve after Explant?: 
RE:
(10-09-2010 11:47 AM)munkeepryncess Wrote:  I am new to your forum. I had silicone implants put in under the muscle. 300 on the left and 450 on the right.

The last 3 weeks have been the worst of my life. I have had intense neck pain that starts along my right shoulder blade and goes up my neck. It is painful to turn my neck to the right side. The pain is terrible at night. I wake up 2:00 and can barely move. I am taking 3 advil every 6 hours. Once I get into the shower and stretch (which hurts terribly) it gets alittle better but never fully goes away. My spine hurts went I touch it in a curtain place. The last two days it has gotten significantly worse so I am in intense pain all day.

I have been going to the chiropractor 2x week, taking muscle relaxers at night, acupunture x1 week, advil and icing and it's getting worse not better. Last night it was so bad I was crying and took vicodine and a muscle relaxer. I don't want to get into the habit of taking drugs. I have a Dr aptment with my general physician to find out why I am having so much pain. My first apt was two weeks ago and was given muscle relaxers and to rest it. I have done this and it's not helping. She is a good Dr so I know she'll run test if I need. What tests should I have her run?

So my questions are this. Did any of you have this kind of pain? If so was it caused by something other then the implants being toxic like maybe them being uneven in size and throwing your spine off balance. Is there any hope this will get better without having to go through an explant surgery? Anything I can take for the pain that is more homepathic? Any advise would be very helpful.

I have a 3 and 5 year old who depend on me and I am having a hard time caring for them. My husband travels alot for business so I have to be clear headed to drive them around and can't take drugs.

Thank you,
Lisa

Silicone implants 300 on left and 450 on right
i have the same pain and have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. MRI revealed a narrowing between c3 and c4. celebrex helps alot. did you have your capsule removed?

silicone free, no plastics or fillers.Happydancing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2011, 08:24 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 1997 2010
  Implant Placement: 
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Joint Aches
  Who removed your implants?: jordan youngerman
  Did you Improve after Explant?: 
RE:
(05-02-2011 08:18 AM)sharit Wrote:  
(10-09-2010 11:47 AM)munkeepryncess Wrote:  I am new to your forum. I had silicone implants put in under the muscle. 300 on the left and 450 on the right.

The last 3 weeks have been the worst of my life. I have had intense neck pain that starts along my right shoulder blade and goes up my neck. It is painful to turn my neck to the right side. The pain is terrible at night. I wake up 2:00 and can barely move. I am taking 3 advil every 6 hours. Once I get into the shower and stretch (which hurts terribly) it gets alittle better but never fully goes away. My spine hurts went I touch it in a curtain place. The last two days it has gotten significantly worse so I am in intense pain all day.

I have been going to the chiropractor 2x week, taking muscle relaxers at night, acupunture x1 week, advil and icing and it's getting worse not better. Last night it was so bad I was crying and took vicodine and a muscle relaxer. I don't want to get into the habit of taking drugs. I have a Dr aptment with my general physician to find out why I am having so much pain. My first apt was two weeks ago and was given muscle relaxers and to rest it. I have done this and it's not helping. She is a good Dr so I know she'll run test if I need. What tests should I have her run?

So my questions are this. Did any of you have this kind of pain? If so was it caused by something other then the implants being toxic like maybe them being uneven in size and throwing your spine off balance. Is there any hope this will get better without having to go through an explant surgery? Anything I can take for the pain that is more homepathic? Any advise would be very helpful.

I have a 3 and 5 year old who depend on me and I am having a hard time caring for them. My husband travels alot for business so I have to be clear headed to drive them around and can't take drugs.

Thank you,
Lisa

Silicone implants 300 on left and 450 on right
i have the same pain and have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. MRI revealed a narrowing between c3 and c4. celebrex helps alot. did you have your capsule removed?
sorry just noticed you still have your implants.

silicone free, no plastics or fillers.Happydancing
05-02-2011, 07:00 PM
  Type of Implants: Cohesive Gel (approved 11/06)
  Year/Years implanted: 2010
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Not ill
  Who removed your implants?: a good surgeon
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
RE: Neck and shoulder blade pain 6 months after implant surgery anyone have this pro
Sharit

I have been having shoulder and neck pain for several months now. I got implants last August and the pain started really bad in about October. I have been going crazy as it effects my day and night. I don't hardly exercise anymore which was something I rarely missed doing before implants. I wake up in pain. Sometimes it gets so bad that I just sit there with heat on it. I have been to dr. for x rays (nothing found) to the chiropractor who said I kept popping shoulder out of place, and most recently to pt who can't find any real reason for pain. He does say that it radiates from the 1st rib in my shoulder area on back. Since there is no reason for it that can be found at this time I am thinking it is my implants. I am being explanted in June so I am probably going to stop all treatment until after that.I don't want to continue spending money on an issue that no one has been able to relieve. I will go further with treatment if it is not relieved after implant removal. I hope and pray that that is the cause because I just want to feel like me again. I hope you have better luck than I have in finding answers. keep me posted.

Autumn
06-18-2011, 02:05 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 2007
  Have you been Explanted?: No
  Implant Placement: Subglandular ('over muscle')
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Achy joints and muscles
  Who removed your implants?: not explanted
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Not explanted yet
RE: Neck and shoulder blade pain 6 months after implant surgery anyone have this problem
Hi
I know exactly what you have been and are going through- to put simply it is hard to live everyday. I have had the same symptoms for the last 4 years, extreme neck pain, shoulder blade/arm pain/weakness and daily tension headaches. Most days I find it painful to change my son's nappy or even lift the kettle, I have to heat pack and rest a few times a day. I have been going to physio, chiropractors and now chinese acupressure massage weekly. So far the weekly painful acupressure massage has been the most affordable and effective. Its usually $35 for 30 mins and for me far more effective than the others. I'm sorry to say that, although these alleviate the pain, nothing has given long term relief. 3 days is the longest. I know it is very much a nighmare, untill the implants are removed. I'm sorry you have two children to care for and hubby away, that must be very very difficult. But there is light at the end of the tunnel and we will all get there. I myself are saving to get the implants out!!!

Once again, my thoughts are with you and hope things improve.
06-18-2011, 12:01 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 2005
  Are you ill from Implants?: Unsure
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Breast pain
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Carolyn Chang
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms
RE: Neck and shoulder blade pain 6 months after implant surgery anyone have this problem
Oh my gosh, just reading this thread now and I did have severe pain in my shoulder blades and neck! I always thought I pulled my muscles or something. The pain was so bad and sharp, it was debilitating. I was just realizing that my pain is gone every since my explant surgery. I thought maybe it was because I haven't been working out or doing anything but now I do believe the pain was due to my implants. Hope you all are feeling better and doing well.
06-18-2011, 01:37 PM
  Type of Implants: 'Older' Silicone Gel Implants
  Year/Years implanted: 1990
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Rib pain Night sweats Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. Lu-Jean Feng 7/6/11
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
Yeah I always thought my neck and back pain was from an injury a long, long, long, long time ago.. I hurt my neck not my back.. but they could never find anything wrong w/ it.. I am hoping it is going to go away when I get these toxic fun bags out, lol.. that would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo GREAT!!!!

I am so tired today I could just die.. I am off to lay and take a nap and watch life time movies.. it's raining and icky outside.. so I won't feel like I am missing anything.

Numbness in back, skin problems, brain lesions, memory problems, cognition problems, foggy, fuzzy vision, fatigue, tingling in arms and legs, puffiness in chest and painful arm pit breast pain, severe depression, apathy, joint pain, swollen internal lymphnodes , fatty liver (I think it's silicone)Yikes I have textured implants another plus, NOT!!, Very scared I will NEVER get betterSobbing

My Story: http://toxictatas.blogspot.com/
06-18-2011, 08:43 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 2010
  Are you ill from Implants?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Not ill
  Who removed your implants?: a good surgeon
RE: Neck and shoulder blade pain 6 months after implant surgery anyone have this pro
Hey everyone
Just so you know because this may be helpful my shoulder, neck, and back pain are all relieved since I had my implants out. It was instant. I had seen PT, MD, Chiro, and used heat every night. I felt miserable constantly. No one could find a reason for my pain either. When I asked if it could be my implants they all said no. They were all wrong. I just knew that was what it was. I can not even begin to tell you how great I feel. Explantation was the best decision for me.
Autumn
06-19-2011, 09:21 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 2002
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Shortness of breath Achy joints and muscles Night sweats Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Insomnia Tingling in hands Weight Gain Profuse sweating Heat intolerance Shaky after being in the sun Vertigo Dry Eyes Extreme thirst Candida/Yeast Gastrointestinal problems Bloating All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Galiano
OMG! the pain is horrible, I have it too. all the way down spine and sweat, Went to every doctor.... I know what it is even though they do not say.
06-19-2011, 09:25 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 2007
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Chronic Fatigue Joint inflammation Breast pain Depression Dry Eyes Candida/Yeast Gastrointestinal problems Bloating All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Explanted 5/9/2011
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Some Improvement
I too had neck and arm and back pain when implants put in. I occasionally still have it. I am sorry ... you will figure it out. Your explanted right?
12-03-2011, 12:47 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 2011
  Have you been Explanted?: No
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Shortness of breath Achy joints and muscles Depression All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Not
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Not explanted yet
Hi everyone I have neck and shoulder pain on my right side went to chiro. No results for the pain. I have had my gummy bear implants since July of 2011. Head aches pains in th arch of my feet. Never had pain like this before surgery. I want them out but it's a fight with my husband. He says I'm crazy. I swear I feel like divorcing him and getting alimony so I can just be free of this pain. I was going to get a RA blood test

To try and prove I have inflammation did anyone else get rheumatoid panel done and if so did it come back normal.
Jamie
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow Six Months Post Explant LauraJean38 5 2,262 10-02-2013 04:22 PM
Last Post: samanthalove
  Sharon Osbourne Swears Off Plastic Surgery After Double Mastectomy Beth 3 1,848 11-07-2012 06:58 PM
Last Post: goldy
  explant surgery completed!!! bug 13 4,364 08-06-2012 05:56 AM
Last Post: lisamarie4Jesus
  dr for stem cell breast surgery cath74 5 2,324 07-21-2012 05:09 PM
  Removal of Allergan Implant Beth 22 4,395 07-09-2012 08:59 PM
  Still pretty sore after four months! jwiersma 3 986 07-04-2012 10:38 AM
Last Post: Mombo
  List of Physicians for Women that are ill from breast implant disease Beth 43 28,587 06-22-2012 08:29 AM
  whats in the implant shell? cath74 1 916 06-20-2012 09:10 PM
Last Post: mcmad11
  Saw doc that CDA govt sent implant women to 20 years ago to treat when Dow was sued. michelel 7 1,947 05-29-2012 09:40 AM
  Plastic surgery gone wrong Beth 5 3,250 05-22-2012 12:20 PM