Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chronic Epstein Barr Virus
09-05-2007, 05:42 AM
  Type of Implants: Saline Filled (Smooth)
  Year/Years implanted: 1996
  Have you been Explanted?: Yes
  Implant Placement: Submuscular ('under muscle')
  Are you ill from Implants?: Yes
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Memory problems Depression Vertigo Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Who removed your implants?: Dr. in Pennsylvania
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms

http://www.well-net.com/prevent/cebv1.html

Chronic Epstein-Barr Virus (CEBV) Disease

One of the most controversial areas in medicine today is the issue of Epstein-Barr Virus Disease. While some medical doctors and researches believe that Chronic Epstein-Barr Virus Disease (CEBV) not only exists but is at epidemic proportions here in the U.S. others believe and are adamant that CEBV is just a hoax, a fad, "the disease of the month," an excuse to rationalize fatigue and depression. Large numbers on non-medical "sufferers" of CEBV, however, are coming forward to tell their stories of the problems that they have been suffering, some for years. With or without a name for it, they see their symptoms fitting those that are most frequently used to define CEBV.

Those experts who believe in CEBV, often claim that both children and adults may suffer for many years, from one or more combinations of often debilitating symptoms which can include:
Fever, fatigue, sore throat, swollen glands, joint pains, ear and muscle aches, breathing pains, heat, cold and light sensitivity, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, chills, stomach pain weight loss, rashes, sleep problems, dizziness, hair loss, night sweats, alcohol intolerance, bladder dysfunction, lack of physical or speech coordination, swelling of eyelids or hands and fingers, odd sensations in the nerves or skin, confusion, inability, to concentrate, impaired reasoning, memory loss, depression, anxiety and mood swings.

These experts suggest that often individuals who seek medical attention are missed diagnosed with conditions ranging from multiple sclerosis to lupus, to psychosomatic problems and even hypochondria. Often patients come to doctors with long lists of symptoms, symptoms having long durations and often significant severity. The physician may not even think about CEBV. Most doctors are taught that "mononucleosis" is that of a short term, non-reoccurring illness. CEBV infection, they say, is different from mononucleosis, it is a separate disease entity own. Some people who later develop CEBV have had full blown "mono" initially, while others have much milder symptoms with their initial infection.
EBV is believed to be one of the most common viruses affecting humans. It is a member of the herpes virus' family and infects the antibody-producing white blood cells known as B-cells. It remains in these cells in latent form long after the body's natural defenses have brought the infection under control. The initial episode, and type and degree of the symptoms, often differ from person to person. They frequently depend on age, sex and the state of the immune system at the time of the first exposure. Reactivation may occur at times when the immune system is "less effective" than normal in otherwise healthy people, those individuals on immunosuppressive drugs or during pregnancy. There is some evidence of a hereditary basis. There appears to be a relationship to some form of allergy. Eighty-five percent of patients with CEBV have active allergy problems, often these allergies appear to increase CEBV symptoms during high allergy periods. There is some connection to systemic monilia infection. The interrelationship to allergy and monilia are still unclear.

Is CEBV Dangerous?
Generally speaking the answer to this question is, No. There have been few deaths that have been directly related to complications of CEBV. There is question about association with certain lymphomas and other cancers but no direct evidence of relationship. The major problem is the degree of the effect of the symptoms on the infected person. I have personally known one individual that committed suicide because of the severity of the symptoms. Many others may have to make major changes in their lives and in their life plans.

How Can I Tell If I Have CEBV?
Many people that are infected with EBV have little or no symptoms. It has been estimated that some 70% or more Americans have been exposed to EBV. Others develop mononucleosis ("mono") which goes away in a short time. CEBV is different from mono because its symptoms (described above) can linger a very long time, coming and going due to some unknown stimulant. Women are generally twice as often affected as compared to men. However, both men and women share the same severity of symptoms. If you, or a member of your family, have some or any of the above symptoms, especially the fatigue, loss of ability to function, fevers, unknown abdominal pain or joint pains you might suspect CEBV. Once CEBV is suspected, a blood EBV antibody titer should be performed. It is through the complex of symptoms determined on the medical history, the findings of the medical examination and the blood antibody titer levels that ultimately lead to this diagnosis. The blood levels of antibodies may need to be checked more then once in order to accurately make a diagnoses. A change in the blood titer levels demonstrates active infection or recurrence of CEBV infection.

Is the Disease Contagious?
The answer is yes and no. EBV is a common virus and is spread through oral (kissing, sharing of eating and drinking utensils, etc.) and possibly through sexual contact yet everyone exposed to it does not end up getting it. As stated above the state of the immune system of the individual exposed to it is very important. It is less likely to take hold and infect an otherwise healthy, emotionally stable individual. There is no indication that relatives become infected in normal living situations.

How is CEBV Treated?
There is no specific treatment for CEBV. Individual symptoms must be treated symptomatically. The most promising method of treatment appears to be activating the immune system. This is done through a series of indirect methods such as; diet, high dosage vitamins and minerals, rest, exercise, affirmations, visual imagery and positive thinking. There are no prescription medications that are antiviral of proven or suspected value. Immune Support Intravenous Drip Therapy (high dosages of vitamins and minerals given two to three times weekly intravenously) while still in research mode has shown promise. When necessary prescription or natural products used to reduce inflammation, obtain analgesia, help with sleep, reduce anxiety or depression may be helpful or even necessary.

Unfortunately most often, nothing seems to help. Patients and faith are most important in waiting for the particular episode to remit. While we don't talk about a cure we often see that after some period of time (weeks to years) the disease appears to burn itself out and the symptoms either gradually or suddenly disappear. The hard part is often waiting and having patience until this happens. The most difficult part of CEBV is living with its effects on the life of the individual.

Does CEBV Really Exist?
While many people do believe that CEBV is a real disease entity others believe that it is not. In fact, many physicians believe that CEBV doesn't exist. Some physicians believe that it occurs as a secondary problem to chronic yeast infection. Still others believe that Epstein-Barr virus does not cause the problems listed above but rather, that it is secondary to another process entirely. I, myself believe that the primary process is a kind of depression, wherein the immune system is depressed along with other biologic processes of the body.
In this conceptualization the cause of the symptoms is the kind of depression where faulty beliefs, lies, guilt and shame have been suppressed for many years. When this happens the body/mind does not allow these conflicts into our conscious awareness. This causes a constant state of stress, Fight or Flight, which over a long period of time undermines the immune system and leaves the body vulnerable to infection, especially yeast and CEBV. This process while regulated through the stress mechanism is in itself not part of the stress mechanism, but rather an affect of its overwhelm and long term over stimulation. In order to cure this process, the depression must be tackled and resolved. In this sense Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is one of a long list of conditions known as Stress-Related Disorders.

To Return to Wellness and Prevention Home Page, click here.

To Return to Wellness on the Web© Home Page, click here.

©Allco, 1994-2004

Boulder Web Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Web Site Management

"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you." ~ Maya Angelou

My Story - Toxic Breast Implants

“Some choices we live not only once but a thousand times over, remembering them for the rest of our lives.” ~Richard Bach
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2007, 05:43 AM
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Brain Fog Achy joints and muscles Memory problems Depression Vertigo Gastrointestinal problems All over body weakness
  Did you Improve after Explant?: Feeling much better but still have a few lingering symptoms

http://www.cfs-news.org/faq.htm

Subject: 1.01 What is CFS?
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is an emerging illness characterized by debilitating fatigue (experienced as exhaustion and extremely poor stamina), neurological problems, and a variety of flu-like symptoms. The illness is also known as chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS), and outside of the USA is usually known as myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). In the past the syndrome has been known as chronic Epstein-Barr virus (CEBV).
The core symptoms include excessive fatigue, general pain, mental fogginess, and often gastro-intestinal problems. Many other symptoms will also be present, however they will typically be different among different patients. These include: fatigue following stressful activities; headaches; sore throat; sleep disorder; abnormal temperature; and others.
The degree of severity can differ widely among patients, and will also vary over time for the same patient. Severity can vary between getting unusually fatigued following stressful events, to being totally bedridden and completely disabled. The symptoms will tend to wax and wane over time. This variation, in addition to the fact that the cause of the disease is not yet known, makes this illness difficult to diagnose.

“Some choices we live not only once but a thousand times over, remembering them for the rest of our lives.” ~Richard Bach
09-05-2007, 05:44 AM

Chronic Epstein-Barr Virus Foundation

09-05-2007, 05:44 AM

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/ebv.htm

05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 
  Have you been Explanted?: 
  Implant Placement: 
  Are you ill from Implants?: 
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: 
  Who removed your implants?: 
  Did you Improve after Explant?: 

MAN I got that when I was 15 (I am now 36) and it messed me up so bad...I had to quit school and retake my sophomore year! I had a relapse the next year but made it though school. I haven't had it full blast since then, but if I don't get enough rest, I get sick. I get the swollen glands and throat and have to sleep a lot. I feel bad for anyone who gets this as an adult. Do implants cause this, too? Yikes!
05-20-2008, 03:44 PM

[font=comic sans ms]YES, MANY OF US THAT HAVE IMPLANTS HAVE ALSO TESTED POSTIVE FOR THIS.

02-24-2010, 02:18 PM
  Year/Years implanted: 1989
  Implant Placement: 
  What symptoms are you experiencing?: Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue Joint Aches Joint inflammation Breast pain Pain down arms Tingling and Numbness Brain Fog Autoimmune disorder Shortness of breath Chest pain Achy joints and muscles Bone pain Rib pain Night sweats Foot pain and burning Hair loss Memory problems Depression Insomnia Tingling in hands Hypo/Hyper Thyroid Metalic Taste in mouth Weight Gain Weight Loss Profuse sweating Heat intolerance Shaky after being in the sun Vertigo Dry Eyes Extreme thirst Sensitivity to light Candida/Yeast Flushing Gastrointestinal problems Bloating Food Allergies All over body weakness Difficulty breathing
  Who removed your implants?: melmed

Hi Terri,
Do you mind if I ask you how your explant went??? Did u do a lift?? What kind?
I am new to this site
Take care, Suzy
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2010, 03:37 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 
  Implant Placement: 

Hi everybody, past several days I have been really sick. I’m not sure what this could be, and I have managed to get an appointment tomorrow with my doctor.
03-24-2010, 03:50 AM
  Year/Years implanted: 
  Implant Placement: 

Today I have been feeling a little better but I still my left side is giving me problems. Doctor has finally told me that I have spleen problems. He said that my spleen is enlarged. I would never thought of this one. He said he will do some more test just to be sure. I have managed to find this thread where they are discussing mono and enlarged spleen. http://www.steadyhealth.com/Spleen_Problems_t55046.html Do you think that I might have mono?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Positive ANA and Epstein virus Confused!! Lilly66 5 2,611 12-08-2010 09:59 PM
Last Post: Lacelady
  Memoir Offers Hope to Sufferers of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Chronic Pain Beth 2 2,478 03-15-2008 02:08 PM
Last Post: Beth
  Acupuncture for Treating Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Beth 1 1,331 03-03-2008 05:13 AM
  Traveling With a Disability or Chronic Illness Beth 2 1,051 02-04-2008 01:49 PM
  Depression more damaging than some chronic illnesses Beth 1 746 09-12-2007 10:06 AM
  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Many Questions Being Answered Beth 1 778 08-19-2007 03:10 AM
  Remedy Find - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Beth 2 1,150 08-11-2007 04:04 AM
Last Post: kerry silicone2000
  Controlling stress helps fight chronic diseases such as Lupus Beth 1 1,231 08-03-2007 03:42 AM
  Chronic Epstein Barr Syndrome Beth 32 11,544 01-27-2007 06:01 PM
Last Post: KathyKeene
  Survey: Most Women Don't Know Virus Causes Cervical Cancer KathyKeene 1 655 11-13-2006 08:27 AM
Last Post: KathyKeene